Friend or Foe?

(Back in New Orleans)

A group of Marcels vampires sat around talking as he walked in on a conversation which is of much most interest to him than he would've thought it to be.

"Have you guys heard Klaus Mikaelson is breaking the curse of the sun and the moon," one of the vampires blurted out.

"He's doing what," Marcel interrupted.

"He's breaking the curse of the sun and the moon," the vampire repeated.

The curse of the sun and the moon isn't real, the mikaelsons made that up, what is Klaus really up to. Marcel thought to himself.

"And he's doing this in New Orleans?" Marcel asked.

"Oh definetly not, I heard this from a vampire in some small town in Virginia, said Klaus and his brother are there,".

A small town in Virginia? Chloe. No she wouldn't.

Marcel sped away from the vampires as they continued their conversations unbothered by what just happened.

*

(Mystic Falls)

"Hello my love," Chloe said as she walked into Elenas house while on the phone.

"Are you ready to tell me the truth," Marcel responded harshly.

"I guess we're skipping formalities, what do you want marcel?" she responded.

"Chlo this isn't a joke, you sent yourself out on a suicide mission and didn't even think to tell me," his tone softened but was still stern.

"Who told you," her tone fell softer and more serious.

"Rumor going around New Orleans that Klaus Mikaelson is trying to break the curse of the sun and the moon, given that's a fake curse you better have had a real reason to go running off to get yourself killed," Marcel ranted.

"A fake curse, what are you talking about," Chloe asked.

Marcel told her how the curse was fake, a mere joke between Elijah and Klaus that they wrote centuries ago to scare all supernaturals and then embedded it in any supernatural history book.

Marcel sat there, not saying a word to Chloe, but simply just stalling. He had to think of a way to keep her from making one of the worst mistakes of her life, "I just can't lose you Chlo," his voice softened.

"You'll never lose me baby, I promise. I love you so much," Chloe said as she hung up the phone and ran up to Elena's room.

*

Chloe walked into Elena's room with Jeremy as they heard screaming coming from the other side of the door, "Whet are you two arguing about?" Jeremy asked as he opened the door and he and Chloe walked in the room.

"Nobody's arguing," Bonnie responded, as she set the moonstone in her bag and everyone followed her out, except Elena.

Elena waits a moment then glances over to bonnie's bag, grabbing the moonstone and heading down the stairs.

"Woah, where do you think you're going," Chloe stopped her at the bottom of the stairs.

Elena looked around as she thought of an excuse, "I'm going to see Stefan," she lied.

"Bullshit," Chloe responded.

"She took the moonstone," Jeremy walked down the stairs behind Elena.

Elena looked at Jeremy, Chloe and Bonnie with a , how did you know, look.

"We tested you, and you failed," Bonnie shrugged.

Elena took a deep breath, "Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she wouldn't give him what he wanted, I can't let that happen to the people I care about," Elena swerved around Bonnie and tried walking out the door, but an invisible barrier pushed Elena back from the door frame.

"What did you do," she asked annoyed

"Elena it's for the best," Chloe responded and walked away as she exited the house and walked out to her car.

*

Chloe drove to the Salvatores hoping to ask them if she could use their library and knocked on the door, "Damon open up," she said as she pounded on the door.

There was no response so she took matters into her own hand. Chloe placed her hand on the door and closed her eyes, "vis porta," Chloe whispered under her breath as the door flew open.

She walked into the library and started flipping through books not being able to get what Marcel to her out of her mind. She flipped through any book that had to do with supernatural creatures, curses, the mikaelsons, any reference she could find.

Chloe flipped page after page, but every page had the  exact same words, the exact same beginning, the exact same ending, the exact same wording, it was planned out to a tee.

She grabbed all the books she could reference from and threw them in her car driving back to Elena's house.

When she got back to Elena's she saw Bonnie come out the house, "Hey where are you going?" Chloe asked, rolling down her window.

"Hey could you uh, give me a ride to a friends house," Bonnie asked, opening the passenger door and hopping in the car.

"Who's this friend," Chloe smirked.

"His names Luka, we met at school, nothing else," Bonnie smiled and turned to look out the window.

Chloe dropped her sister off at Lukas then went back to the Salvatore house to look through more books.

(a couple hours later)

Chloe had texted everyone to meet at Elena's house and she had just gotten back to meet up with everyone.

"I hope you have a very good reason for pulling me away from what I was doing," Damon said as Chloe bursts through the door.

"Stefan," Chloe said with a shocked face as she saw him sitting in the kitchen when she walked around the corner, "How did you"?

"Apparently Elijah found his way around Mystic Falls tonight," Damon chimed in, "can you get to the point of this get together".

Chloe slammed 3 books on the table and a couple of notebooks, "We're being played," she said as everyone looked around confused by her words.

Everyone picked up a book or notebook and started flipping through them trying to find what Chloe was talking about. She gave each of them a certain page number and told them to flip to it.

"Ok Chloe what exactly are we looking for here," Bonnie asked as she set her book down.

Chloe started to look frantic, "Ok everybody read the title of their page, out loud".

"The Curse of the Sun and the Moon," everyone read out at the same time.

Chloe then told them all to read the first paragraph of their pages out loud, and every word they spoke was the exact same, all the books were the exact same when it came to that topic, but no other topic.

"That's weird right?" Elena asked

"Who do you think wrote these," Chloe asked rhetorically.

"Klaus," Stefan spoke, "he wrote all of these pages, including the journals, he came up with the curse didn't he?"

"If it's a fake curse then why the hell are the Mikaelsons here?" Elena asked.

"That's what we need to figure out," Chloe looked around.