Chapter thirteen

"Ouch! For stars sake Blue,can't you be more gentle?" Yellow complains when Blue put more pressure on her sensitive skin.

Blue ignores her. She dipped her fingers in the dark green balm and aplies it on her burned back. Yellow winced again as she put a bit more pressure.

"Blue,please." She whined.

"Oh,don't complain." Blue said. "What did you expect when you spend almost half a day under a sun? You should have stayed in the water." She said in matter of fact,gently doing circles on her back.

"Do you think I don't know that. There were some." She pauses. "Problems."

"What 'problems'" Asked Blue.

"Let's just say I had to get rid off some pests. And I helped Steven with some of his work."

"Did you?" Blue was suprised,but then smiled. "That was really nice of you."

"I didn't do it for free of course." She quickly added. It wasn't a lie,maybe a little,but she doesn't have to know.

Blue stopped massaging her back,she put the bowl aside and clean her hands. And reached her hand in front of Yellow.

"What?" Yellow quirked her eyebrow,confused.

"You know what."

Yellow let out an annoyed sigh,she reached with her hand to her gem. It glowed brightly and from the light she pulled two red apples. She hands them to Blue and she happily accepted them.

"Thought I would let you have them all for yourself,you glutton." She smirked before taking a bite. 

"You are the one to talk." Yellow mutters.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." She looks away.

She heard clearly what she said,but she let it be.
Once Blue finnished eating, she swam to the door,ready to leave.

"I guess visiting the surface is your daily routine."

Blue smiles. "It is. But I need to do something first before I go." Then she turns back to Yellow with serious look. "That means you won't leave your bed today. Pearl will bring your work. Understood?"

"Loud and clear." She agreed,she was too dizzy to argue anyway.

Blue noticed that,she forms a ball of ice shattered it into pieces,wrapped it in a cloth and put it on Yellows forehead.

"Take care." She says and leaves.

Yellow eyed the door for few seconds before she lay down on her stomach,pressing the ice on her forehead. Recently she started noticing Blue's change in behavior. She wasn't constantly grieving, she hasn't visited Pink's room for a while and started to do her duties as a leader. Not much as she supposed to,but it was a progress nonetheless.
She didn't know Steven very long,however when she saw Blue talking with him. 

She was happy. She hasn't seen her happy for a very long time.

                            .  .  .

"My Diamond." Her Pearl joined her. Obediently swims behind her mistress.

" Read me the report." 

Pearl do as she says. She summons a blue transparent screen from her gem. And starts to read.

"Emerald reports another waste falling from the surface. Damaging two towers and half repaired spiral from the last damage that happened two moons ago."

Blue pins a bridge of her nose. "Couldn't she order her crew to catch as much as possible? How incapable she can be?"

"She did that,but. It says something about metal barels. When few Amethyst secured them,they said they felt incredibly sick,and it burned a skin on their hands." She hands Blue the screen. Blue took a look at the files Emerald send them. Specialy the pictures. The burns those Amethyst had were sickening. Their skin was missing, the flesh was burn,only their bone were intact. Not wanting to look at it any longer, she moved it. The last picture had only a symbol in it. Yellow background and black dot with three triangles surrounding it.