Chapter fifteen

The next day.Yellow without her armor was lazily lying on the shore,with hands behind her back. Blue who was next to her lied on her stomach was flipping throught the magazine,suporting her head with her hand. 

Yellow glanced at Blue. She has been quiet since morning. Has something happened when she was absend? Was she thinking about Pink again?

Blue stopped scrolling when she felt eyes on her. She tried to ignore it but after a while she gave up.

"What is it?" Asked Blue,not looking to her at all.

"You are upset." She simply replied.

"No I'm not."

"Blue." The yellow mermaid sits up. "I know you my entire life,so I know whenever you are upset. You might try to hide it but not from me. So what's the matter? Is it about Pink?"

She knew whenever Yellow mentioned her, it always bring tears to her eyes. However to Yellow's suprise she found none.

"No. It's not about Pink. It's just....Steven haven't come yesterday."

Yellow quirked her eyebrow. "Is that so?"

"It's nothing to be upset about. Maybe he was just busy with something." Blue waved it off and continued to scroll. 

Yellow gave her questioning look before she looks behind her.

"Speaking of Steven. He's already here."

Blue looks up and saw Steven happily walking towards them,with a bag on his shoulder and a bit out of breath.

"Hi Blue! Hi Yellow!" He waves at them. "Sorry for the wait, i got caught up with something."

"Steven." The blue mermaid suddenly lights up. "You came. When you weren't here yesterday, i was worried Yellow scared you off." She joked.

On mentioning her name,Yellow whipped her head to Blue in disbelief.

"Oh. Sorry about that. I got detention and I got home around midnight." He apologised.

"What is a detention." Yellow asked.

"Well..it's when you in school do something that's against the rules and you get caught,they sent you to a room when you face your punishment." He explained best way he could. 

"So you are a rule breaker. Well I'm not even suprised. " Yellow said,foldinf her arms on her chest.

"I had a good reason,but it was kinda stupid. Specially what kind of teacher she is." He mumbled under his breath before he faced Blue again. "But not anymore. You know how I told you about Mrs.Cream?"

"You mean that teacher who has 'stick-in-the-mud'?" Blue quoted.

"Yeah. It happened this morning...."

Flashback

Steven closed the door and groggily walked down the wooden stairs. He got on his bike and headed to school. As he rode he watched people doing their daily routines while a soft breeze blew his hair. Reaching the school,an unease settled in his gut as he parked his bike,preparing himself about what is about to come.

When he reached his classroom,he spots Lars and sits next to him.

"Hey Lars. How are ya?"

"Badly. Got cheewed up by my parents for being pretty late. Had to lie to them i was at friends place. And I got grounded for a week." Lars exclaimed. "What about you?"

"Got lectured and can't use the van for a week." Steven replied.

"Huh, just wait until she gets here. God,we are so dead." He whines and put his head on the desk.