Chapter ten

Steven couldn't believe his eyes. After a uneventful hours of school, he went straight to the beach. Which it became his usual routine at this point. He stops at the store to buy some snacks for himself and the mermaids.
In his mind he planned how to finnish the dock. How could he get the bigger logs to the sand. The smaller ones were already done. But he might not have the strenght to do it. Maybe he should ask Blue or Yellow. Seeing their- well Blue's strenght in action, it wouldn't be problem for them at all.

As they read his mind. He's now looking at the finnished dock.

"Woah." He drops the bag and walks to the dock. He reach his pocket and pulls out his blueprint. It was exactly how he draw it. But how? The only one he showed this to someone was-

Yellow

When he look at the logs. They seemed to be covered with something yellowish. He walks to one log and put his hand on the surface. It was smooth and solid,bit rough on some places.
Was it rock,marble or coral?

He shruggs it off and walks up to try the planks.

He was taking few steps each time. No screaching. The he jumps few times

And his grand finalle he made five backflips in a row. Reaching the end of the dock he bows to nobody in particular, he notices a purple-blue shell lying on the wood.

'What is it doing here?'

He sat down taking the shell to his hands. He remembers the times when he was running around the beach near his house, picking up the prettiest seashells with his dad. Even when some of them were slightly deformed or were missing pieces, they were still beautiful in childs eyes. Yet he has never seen such flawless and colorfull like this one. When he weight it in his palm, there was something bit heavy inside it.

Was it still alive?

He flips it over,hearing multiple tiny marbles inside. His eyes widen. Carefully he open the fan shaped shell,for him to almost choke on the air.

It was full of pearls.

And so many. Shiny ,ball shaped without any deformity. Purple,white,blue,pink and yellow colors.
How much would they cost?

"Enjoying my gift?" A sudden voice made him jump,almost droping the shell.

"Jesus christ Yellow! You scared me to death!" Steven said frightened before asking. "Your gift?"

Yellow sigh. "Well after you saved my life, as a sight of 'gratitude'." She said the last word through gritted teeth. "I decided to give you a handful of finest pearls that my kingdom can provide."

'Well, looks like Yellow is bit of pridefull type.' He cracks a smile.

"What's so funny?" Asked Yellow.

"Oh,nothing. You don't like help from others huh?"

"I do admit I'm don't. I'm not very good with words and emotions like Blue. Be gratefull I gave you something. Many gems would envy you."

"Speaking of Blue,where is she?" Asked Steven,ignoring the last sentence.

"She had to attend her duties. She might be your 'friend' or whatever, but it can't distract her to lead her court as well as to rule. And it was White's order."

"White? Blue mentioned her few times. Do you think I meet her too?"

For a second her face was still before she burst into laughting.

"What? What did I say?"

Yellow waved her hand. "Ahaha. That was a good one." She said,wiping a tear from her eye. "White despise humans. The only time you would meet her would be once. Only once. "