Chapter 15

Heads up: Giyuu did not lose his arm this time, due to the increased amount of Hashira in the battle protecting him.
'OI BASTARD, WAKE THE F*CK UP!'
Giyuu woke up to the sound of a familiar voice and the feeling of someone agressively tapping him on the shoulder. His left arm felt heavy, though he assumed that was due to exhaustion. He slowly opened his eyes, noticing Sanemi staring down at him from above.
'Where am I?' Giyuu asked half-asleep.
'The Butterfly Mansion, idiot! Now get up! And what the f*ck are you doing with Kocho?'
Giyuu turned to his left, to see Kocho sound asleep. Apparently, they had fallen asleep in each other's arms.
'Uh...I really can't explain this,' Giyuu said honestly, not sure whether Kocho wanted people to know.
He tried to let go of her, but he couldn't. She was holding him too tightly. He sighed.
Sanemi slapped his forehead. Giyuu looked up at him, a look of innocence in his eyes.
'Shinazugawa, please don't tell anyone you found us like this,' he requested politely. Sanemi opened his mouth to argue, but Giyuu quickly shut him up by saying:
'For her, not for me,'
Sanemi closed his mouth and stared at the ground.
'Fine. You'd better wake her up, though. You can't stay here all day,'
And with that, he jumped off the roof.
Giyuu turned to Shinobu.
'Kocho,' he tapped her shoulder, 'it's time to wake up. Kocho. Come on,'
Noticing her inactivity, he sighed heavily. I guess she's just tired. Who could blame her?
He continued to stare at her. She really is beautiful.
After a few minutes, she began to stir, opening her eyes.
''Morning,' Giyuu greeted.
''Morning,' she replied. She looked around, 'Did we fall asleep out here?' she asked. He nodded. She smiled, and pulled her arms back to herself, releasing Giyuu, who did the same.
'Come on,' he grabbed her hand, 'let's go inside,' Shinobu nodded.
They both jumped off the roof, landing in the middle of the backyard. Noticing Mitsuri at the door, Shinobu immediately let go of his hand.
'If she had seen us like that, I'd never hear the end of it,' she whispered, which amused Giyuu.
'Ah! Shinobu! Tomioka! Where have you two been?' Mitsuri screamed from the distance. She walked out of the mansion towards the pair, a spring in her step, dragging Obanai with her. Shinobu purposefully avoided the question, instead asking:
'Are you two ok? You were injured pretty badly during the battle,'
'Of course we're fine! But there are more important things to think about right now,' Mitsuri exclaimed, 'Come inside, we've got an announcement to make!' She finished enthusiastically.
'Um...'we'?'
Mitsuri looked at Obanai, who had a light blush on his cheeks, and Shinobu suddenly understood. She nodded, heading inside, while Giyuu followed behind.
They all followed Mitsuri to the dining room, where they found everyone sitting around the table, laughing and celebrating the victory. Giyuu and Shinobu sat down on two empty seats, while Mitsuri led Obanai to the remaining seats at the edge of the table.
'Where were you two?' Tanjiro asked politely.
'Uh...' Shinobu began.
'Who cares? Aren't you curious about the announcement?' Kanao interfered, distracting Tanjiro.
Shinobu smiled gratefully.
Mitsuri stood up, and so did Obanai.
'So...the news is...we're getting married!' she yelled joyfully.
'My congratulations!' Kyojuro yelled in response.
'You brought me here for this?!' was Sanemi's reaction, while everyone else offered their congratulations.
Mitsuri poured drinks for all who were present, as they continued with their celebrations. Shinobu squeezed Giyuu's hand under the table, getting his attention. She pointed outside, to which he nodded. Once they were far away from the noise, they sat down on the grass.
'Kocho,' Giyuu suddenly spoke, 'since we're getting married, shouldn't we let them know as well?'
'I just don't know how they'll react,' she responded honestly.
'Look, they'll find out anyway. Let's tell them,'
'Alright,' she agreed.
'One more thing,' Giyuu said.
'What?'
'Call me Giyuu,'
She smiled.
'Very well then, Giyuu,' she smirked, 'and that means you have to call me by my first name as well,'
'You say that like it's difficult,'
She shrugged.
They stood in silence.
'Giyuu,'
'Hmm?'
'I know I agreed to tell them about us, but...I still think we should wait a little longer,'
'Alright,' He messed up her hair.
'Giyuu!' she shouted as he smirked.
'Oh, also...the battle is over. You don't need to smile all the time,'
'I'll start showing my true emotions when you do,'
'Fine,'
'Let's head back inside, they'll get suspicious if they don't find us,'
As they were approaching the building, they heard a familiar voice somewhere nearby. Walking in the direction of the sound, they were surprised to see Sanemi tearfully apologizing to Genya for all the time he had denied being his brother.
As soon as he noticed Shinobu and Giyuu staring, he wiped away his tears and his soft expression turned angry.
'What the f*ck are you two doing out here?!'
'Nii-san...' Genya whispered, before turning to the pair, looking annoyed.
'Sorry...' Giyuu whispered.
'You know it's not shameful to cry, Shinazugawa,' Shinobu stated.
Sanemi stared at her in disbelief.
'You'd better not tell anyone. Or else,'
He turned to Giyuu.
'What does he mean, Tomioka?' Shinobu asked.
Sanemi sighed, his expression softening.
'Fine,' Giyuu eventually said.
'Come on, Kocho,' he said quietly.
Shinobu stood there.
'I'm not coming until he tells me what he means by 'or else',' she crossed her arms.
Sanemi smirked.
'I think you should ask Tomioka.' And with that, he went back inside, Genya by his side.
'So? Care to explain?' Shinobu turned to Giyuu.
'He found us on the roof and now he's threatening to tell the others,' he explained.
'Oh,' she sighed. How could someone be so petty?
...
They entered the estate to see everyone smiling, except Sanemi, who was scowling at everyone who passed by. Giyuu walked over to him.
'Shinazugawa,' he spoke.
'What do you want?'
'To apologize,'
'What?!'
Giyuu went back to Shinobu without another word, leaving Sanemi confused.
Next chapter: Mitsuri and Obanai's wedding.