Chapter 10

Shinobu abruptly woke up to find herself facing her alarm clock, which flashed '4AM'. She groaned as she pushed her hair out of her face, slowly getting out of the bed. The Insect Pillar headed towards the window, which she used to stare at the twilight-ridden sky, where the moon was barely visible.
Looking down at the courtyard, she noticed her tsuguko, Kanao, getting on with her early training.
Shinobu quickly dressed herself with the appropriate attire. Pulling down the door handle, she heard a familiar sound.
'CAW!' the bird released its voice into the air, making the molecules vibrate enough to shake Shinobu into complete consciousness of her surroundings.
'CAW! Tanjiro Kamado, Mitsuri Kanroji, Nezuko Kamado and Genya Shinazugawa have slain Upper Moon 4!'
Well, four down, two to go. I hope this one was the one who killed my sister. Although, I did want to deal with him myself...At the end of the day, does it really matter who killed him? I just want that asshole to rot in hell. Hmm...it can't have been Upper Rank 3,  that one had the opposite traits of the monster I'm looking for. The sixth rank was shared by two demons, so it can't have been that, either. Tokito couldn't have killed it on his own, so it can't have been the fifth one either. But this one...maybe. Let's hope so, or we're going to have to deal with the likes of Upper Moon 1 or 2.
Staring at the door handle, Shinobu realized that she hadn't moved in a long time. She slid open the door and made her way through the hallways to the courtyard.
Having spotted her tsuguko, Shinobu silently walked up to her. Kanao didn't seem to have noticed her presence, so Shinobu greeted her softly:
'Good morning, Kanao,'
The girl turned around.
'Good morning, shishō,' the girl smiled at her, before picking up her work where she had left off.
...
Having heard a knock on the door of the Mansion, Aoi walked over to it.
'Who is it?'
'Giyu Tomioka,' the Hashira answered.
Aoi opened the door and stood back to welcome the Water Pillar inside.
Giyu stepped inside. He asked her where he could find the Insect Pillar and followed her to the destination.
'Ah, hello, Tomioka!' Shinobu greeted him with a smile.
'Kocho,' Giyu nodded. Approaching her, he pulled out a stronger-looking Insect Katana, which he offered to Shinobu.
'What's this?' she asked.
Does she have to be this formal? It's obvious what it is.
'Your sword is not appropriate for decapitating demons. This is a modified version,' he explained.
Noticing the fear in her eyes, he whispered:
'Don't worry, the person who forged it doesn't know what you're planning to use it for,'
She let out a sigh of relief.
'You didn't have to do this; I could have gone to get it myself,' she mumbled.
'It's fine,' he continued using his normal tone.
'Thanks,'
He nodded and turned on his heel, heading for the door.
...
'Nee-san? What was that about?' Kanao spoke.
Shinobu sighed and kneeled in front of her younger sister.
'Well,' she pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear, 'we have encountered a lot of Upper Moons lately and I'm not sure if poison would work against one, so I decided to upgrade my weapon. This way, I can deal more damage,'
'But he said something about you planning to use it for something secret. What is it?'
Staring into her sister's eyes, Shinobu decided to be honest.
'I can't tell you yet, Kanao,'
Kanao looked at her for a second, before nodding.
'Anyway, let's get back to your training. You've really come a long way!'
Shinobu and Kanao continued preparing for the upcoming battles, which would test their calibre to the limit.
...
Giyu made his way out of the gates of the Butterfly Mansion and onto the pavement. Well, that's that. Now she'll be safer. Wait a minute, why do I care about her safety?
Giyu crossed the road and kept moving, without really paying attention to where he was going.
Come to think of it, I don't know why, but for some reason I'm...happier when she's around. Yes, she can be very annoying, but, as much as I hate to admit it, she is kind of cute.
Giyu stopped himself before he could crash into a woman.
Her eyes seem to be a bit darker than Kocho's. Wait, what the hell am I thinking?
Giyu held his hand out and watched as a butterfly landed on his index finger.
Could it be...that I love her?
He sighed, sat on the pavement, his back being supported by the wall and he closed his eyes.
Please, come out of this alive.