Chapter -17

The news of Atharv's tragic passing reverberated through the air like a mournful melody, casting a shadow of sorrow over Maya's world. As the reality of his loss settled within her, Maya found herself enveloped in a deep, numbing grief that seemed to penetrate her very core. Her heartache was a heavy burden, a weight she struggled to bear alone.

Maya's uncle and aunty, having heard the devastating news, wasted no time in making their way to Bangalore to be by her side. They arrived with a mixture of concern and sadness, their eyes mirroring the pain that Maya felt deep within her soul.

Upon their arrival, Maya's uncle and aunty embraced her tightly, their presence a soothing balm to her wounded heart. Maya clung to them, her tears flowing freely as she allowed herself to release the overwhelming emotions that had built up inside her.

"We're here for you, Maya. Lean on us, dear," her uncle's voice was gentle, his words a promise of unwavering support.

Maya nodded, unable to find the words to express the depth of her gratitude. In the midst of her grief, her family's presence provided a sense of comfort and solace that she desperately needed.

Together, they made their way to the hospital where Atharv's body was being prepared for the journey to his village. The sight of Atharv, still and lifeless, sent a fresh wave of pain through Maya's heart. She reached out and touched his hand, her fingers trembling as she traced his features, committing them to memory.

"He was so full of life, Uncle, Aunty. And now..." Maya's voice trailed off, her eyes filled with tears.

Her aunty's hand found its way to her shoulder, a silent gesture of empathy. "Maya, we'll be with you every step of the way."

The journey to Atharv's village was a somber one, the landscape passing by in a blur of muted colors as Maya and her family accompanied his body. The silence in the car was heavy, the weight of their collective grief hanging in the air like a shroud.

As they arrived at Atharv's village, Maya felt a sense of solemnity wash over her. The village seemed to embrace them with a hushed reverence, as if paying tribute to a beloved son who had been taken too soon.

The village was enveloped in a solemn hush as Maya stood at the heart-wrenching crossroads of bidding a final farewell to Atharv. The air was heavy with grief, and the scent of incense and flowers mingled with the earthy aroma of the countryside. Beside her, Atharv's family and friends gathered, their faces etched with sorrow, a reflection of the immense loss they shared.

Maya's heart ached as she looked at the casket, her emotions swirling like a storm within her. The reality of Atharv's absence was overwhelming, and the weight of her grief seemed insurmountable. But she knew she had a responsibility – to honor his memory, to support his family, and to ensure that he was laid to rest with the dignity and respect he deserved.

Amidst the sea of mourners, Maya's uncle and aunty stood by her side, their presence a silent testament to the bonds of family and the strength they provided in times of need. Their eyes were filled with empathy and compassion, understanding the depth of Maya's pain and the magnitude of the loss that had befallen her.

As the funeral rites began, Maya felt a mixture of numbness and disbelief. The rituals unfolded in a haze, each step a painful reminder of the finality of Atharv's passing. She watched as his body was prepared for the cremation, her heart heavy with a sense of farewell she wasn't ready to embrace.

The flames crackled and danced as Atharv's body was consigned to the pyre, sending his spirit on its journey beyond the realm of the living. Maya's tears flowed freely, her grief mingling with the smoke that spiraled towards the sky. She clung to her uncle and aunty for support, their presence a lifeline in the midst of her sorrow.

After the final rites were complete, Maya stood by the riverside, staring at the ashes that remained. Her heart felt as though it had been torn apart, aching with a sense of emptiness that seemed impossible to fill. As the villagers began to disperse, Maya's attention was drawn to a figure standing a short distance away.

A sense of déjà vu washed over her as she looked at the man who bore an uncanny resemblance to Atharv. His eyes held a deep sadness, mirroring the grief that weighed heavily on Maya's own heart. She watched as he approached, his steps tentative, as if unsure of his place in the midst of the mourners.

"Maya, who is he?" her aunty whispered, her voice tinged with curiosity.

"I... I don't know," Maya replied, her voice soft, her gaze fixed on the man who had now come to stand before her.

Their eyes met, and Maya felt a jolt of recognition, a sense of connection that transcended words. The man's gaze held a mixture of sorrow and understanding, as if he too bore the weight of an irreplaceable loss.

"Hello," he spoke, his voice tinged with a quiet sadness.

"Hello," Maya replied, her voice catching in her throat.

He extended his hand towards her, a gesture of camaraderie in the face of shared sorrow. "I'm Athrith, Atharv's twin brother."

Maya's heart skipped a beat as she registered his words. Twin brother? The revelation was like a bolt of lightning, illuminating the puzzle pieces that had eluded her until now. She shook his hand, her emotions in turmoil.

"I... I had no idea," Maya admitted, her voice filled with a mixture of surprise and awe.

Athrith nodded, his gaze fixed on the river before them. "We were identical twins, inseparable in many ways. Atharv often spoke about you, Maya. He cherished the time you spent together, the moments you shared."

Maya felt a lump in her throat, a swirl of emotions threatening to overwhelm her.

If you all like this chapter thn plz vote