Chapter 50

Neliana

"That was kinda okay. 42km in a time of 2:10 hours and a pace of 5.4 m/min. Could have been a little bit better trough." - I state with the help of my clock as we come to a stop in front of the gates from our family house. This morning run was good for both of us. We calmed a bit down again after the situation with asshole, smart aleck and copycat, and my brain can work freely now.

"Pf, 5.4 m/min are definitely enough for me at 4 a.m." - My brother responds while leaning on his thighs. Probably we seem crazy if we find a time of 2:10 hours for a Marathon bad, but the Russians trained us to best performance and we had to run - train - fight each day since the age of 4. So our coordination, heart rate and endurance are on best level. I think that's also the only positive part from our time back there.

"C'mon. We have to go inside and make ourselves ready for breakfast if we don't want to be in more trouble as we already are." - Nic has, of course, a point again and I agree only unwillingly.

"We have a fucking hour to make ourselves ready. I think that's enough."

"Not if you're a Neliana. So, hop hop." - Nic gestures with his hands to follow him. I do it also only unwillingly and with a loud 'Argh'. My life is hard. Really.

We both slip in between the hedge on the back garden. Somehow the security is too dumb or blind to notice us each time. Even as we jumped out of the window and walked casual to our slide - out - point in the hedge, they didn't notice us. An easy place for uninvited guests to come in - or out, like two teenager, who are actually 'grounded', but don't give a fuck on the opinion from their so called family.

We reach the back door - it was open like always - and get in. Unfortunately, the luck was again not on our side - slowly I really ask myself what we did wrong to deserve such a fate - and are greeted by the whole elder group with each fucking member. Alessandro, Ernesto, Francesco, Riccardo, Leonardo, Angolo, Alonzo, Elijah and Massimo. They are distributed in the living room and- oh fuck no! All the uncles and our father are here too. Stefano, Eduardo, Antonio, Apollo and Mario.

Of course, because here is soon a meeting with Dua Lipa and nobody what to miss it.

I could puke. This should be our family?! According to my experience and knowledge about a family, they don't play thirteen against two with an age gap from at least 11. Maybe we should have just run away and never come back. I mean, sometimes a few people just don't get along together.

"Can I shortly grab myself and my brother a bar? We just ran a marathon and my energy level is at the moment, lower than the sea level."

You know what? I ask one time a question and then I don't get any answers. And WE should give verbal responses?! Hell fucking no. They all just look at me like I grew two heads - which would be actually nice, but is very unlikely, nearly impossible. I've already finished with my with my size. So I decide to do it.

"Flavor?" - I ask Nic.

"Vanilla."

I nod and make my way to our rooms to grab one vanilla and chocolate bar. Reminder: enough protein and nutrient intake are very important, especially after sport. I enter the living room fast again and in contrary what I wished for, is everything still on its place. I thought maybe I was in a nightmare or something. Unfortunately not.

Never mind. With powerful steps, I walk toward Nic, give him his bar and lean myself against the wall. Nic does the same. That's already more the way I like it. A finished marathon, a bar and good mood. Now we can start.

"You can start. We're ready." - I state to nobody in particular and take my first bite of the bar. Damn, it tastes so freaking good. Food, my first love. Nothing will ever replace you.