Chapter 8

"Why didn't you tell us in the first place?" the General wasn't happy, it was only hours that passed and the battle the night before ceased to something unwanted.

The neuro agent who was tagged to be the person who served as the root of all of this merely adverted her gaze for a moment. "I've made a formal report already, General. I wanted to make sure that my suspicion were correct, which is why I came back there that night..."

"General, allow me to interrupt. I've read the report, it was a ten-page detailed narrative of what happened before, during, and after what happened." By then, Agent Geetha looked at her tablet, doing a quick scan of the contents of the file. "It appears that Ali was influenced by the late Uno before the tragedy at the academy. He took up the identity as Uno's son, and his own goals were elaborated."

"I see..." the General glanced at the neuro agent who remained her gaze on the ground. "I'm not here to scold you—I trust that you've had your reasons. However, what you did was gravely dangerous. I'm suspending you from partaking in any missions for the week, I hope for your compliance." He stated, as sanctions similar to this is in accordance with the protocols.

Usually, Alicia would disagree and just find a way to retaliate against the order. However, she gave a small nod. "Understood, see to it that I'll present my utmost compliance." She limitedly spoke, her mind wandering for a bit.

The General sighed. "Very well, you are dismissed for the time being." He immediately waved in motion, telling the young neuro agent to leave his sight.

Alicia didn't dare say anything else, not that she wanted to. She merely turned and walked out of the briefing room, the double doors sliding open, then close as she left.

Only those left in the room were Agent Geetha, the General, Agent Rizwan, and Agent Bakar.

"How is he, Agent Geetha?" the General questioned, eyeing the three agents left in the room.