Chapter 7

The last two days remaining went on quickly, it was much quicker than they originally anticipated. The day of decision making came, yet there was no guarantee that this will turn out well in the end.

Mere hours left, when the sun slowly sinks from existence and the moonlight replaces the adornment of the sky comes, it will be the point of no return.

At a certain abandoned warehouse, the neuro agent was once again—held captive in the hands of the former tekno whom once shared fond memories with the organization.

The neuro agent kept seated on a wooden chair—very inefficient it will be if she were restrained as such materials are easily breakable under her grasp. However, without her weaponry with her, she can't do anything with Trez and Dos keeping an eye on her in the process.

The wait was very much excruciating with every second that passed. Until now, Alicia has no idea on what M.A.T.A. chose to do. The very second that passes makes her feel anxious on what will happen, as well as what to expect. Her actions of fiddling with her fingers were becoming more obvious as she anticipated the hour of meeting.

Footsteps soon followed which originated from someone whom she failed to bring back anew. The former tekno agent typed away on the keyboard where many monitors were at place. He couldn't help but to feel ominous for some reason, yet as he continued to search for surveillance, he found some were no longer usable. M.A.T.A. must've been aware of themselves being watched, thus disconnected some... crucial feeds.

The neuro agent raised a brow. "What are you even doing?" she asked plainly, not in the mood to gain unneeded response.

The boy, typing away in the keyboard kept his eyes glued to the monitors. "Establishing communication lines for transmission. Before setting off to the meeting point, I need to at least find out first on what their decision is going to be. Only then will I be able to strategize my next moves when I expect what there is to expect." He replied, tapping on a few more keys before taking a step back.

The monitors showed a connection screen, in the process of stabilizing connection signals in order to establish communication via transmission. During so, Ali took ahold of the mask he usually carried and wore it. The locks in place as the voice changer which came along with it was now set. "I hope you'd be quiet during the communication phase, Alicia. Because one wrong move from you and I might just show you how cruel I could be." He threatened.

Alicia narrowed her eyes, lips pursed. She isn't afraid of what Ali might do—knowing that it's an empty threat, that he won't dare touch a hair on her head. However, what she's more concerned of is how M.A.T.A. will take the idea if they find out who Zero actually is.

"Just be quiet and get over with it. Do you know what contributed to a villain's fall? Its because they talk too much. I'm not going to say anything that might 'harm' your identity, Zero, but be sure to think this through—you still have two hours before making a mistake you'd regret—" she paused, sighing, she's been repeating the same words over and over again—it was exhausting to even try.

As she expected, the boy didn't even respond to her words which were almost on loop given how frequent her sentiments were.