Part 2

The club we liked to party at was called Ink and the rooms were painted as if black and red ink had been splattered all over the white walls. Ink was a gothic club and to have permission to enter the bar you had to have a special tattoo. It was a life time pass for special ones. If you didn’t have the tattoo, you had to pay thirty dollars to enter. The few people who actually did were usually rich and never really partied. I had been allowed to get the tattoo because of May. She had worked here for years and after five years of service, she left the bar but was allowed to have her boyfriend and one friend tattooed for free. I had managed to get Lucas tattooed just before he went to work, which was quite funny. He was a high placed ‘man of honor’. In this town, a man of honor was the men who took care of making sure that no one was left out in the streets. For example, if he found a prostitute with no home, he would bring her to the shelter and she would live there for free but she wasn’t allowed to bring her clients and was left alone by the police. He said that the tattoo would fit with his job.

    The lifetime pass tattoo for Ink was a pair of white fangs that looked like they had the remains of dried blood and the tips dyed black. We could decide where we had the tattoo. I had decided to have it on the right side of my neck and when Lucas went, he chose the left side of his neck.

    As soon as we stepped into the crowd we were pushed onto the ‘pedestals’ that were reserved for special members. May and I happened to be the only two, thus we had a pedestal each. Her boyfriend had found his friends and we went on dancing.

    “What are you doing, sweetheart?” whispered a hissing voice in my ear.

    I stopped dancing and froze, looking at the time. Giley shouldn’t be out at this time, it was too early. He should still be in the dust. I jumped off the pedestal and pointed to the door to May, it was our way of saying we were going for air or something. Once outside I went to the side of Ink and sat down. I had had a little too much to drink already and was dizzy from running like that.

    “Shouldn’t you still be part of the dust, Prince of Vampires?” I asked with my head between my knees.

    “I should, yes. But, Eternal Night is almost home, so we can come up earlier.” his voiced hissed in my ear.

    “Can’t be. The Reaper Kingdom have to be awoken first, then awake the Vampire Kingdom and then created the Blood Souls.”

    “You’ve done your homework very well. But you forgot that the sleeping Kings and Queens can be killed.” I lifted my head as I felt the wind shift and saw Giley crouching in front of me. “I killed my King. I need a Queen to kill the sleeping one. I came for you.” He reached for my hand and I stared at his.

    I stared at him for a long time until I heard someone walking in the grass beside me and saw Jeff, his fangs red with fresh blood.

    “Giley is King of Vampires, sis. He’s offering you to be Queen of Vampires.” he spoke softly and even with his eyes, I knew he was telling me not to.

    I got up and turned to go but Giley took my arm and pulled me against him.

    “I have to go back in, Giley. I’ll think about it.”

    “Good. Now I’ll go back to claim my rights.” and he was gone.

    Jeff looked at me and finally said, “He’s gone. Don’t worry.”

    “What’s wrong, Jeff?” I asked.

    “Giley is wrong. Only the Blood Souls are needed for the Eternal Night. The Vampires and Reapers will lengthen the night, not make it forever. You need to hurry and get your place in history, sis. Before he finds out and kills the Reaper King too. If he does, all he has to do is kiss you and you’re damned to rule with him.” he looked worried and I wondered why for the first time he was pushing me to actually do what he hadn’t want me to do years ago.