chapter 7

Meerab : in fact I don't want to marry anyone...
What obsession is this with you and your brother , marriage... marriage....marriage...

Why do you want to marry me now, you went for your career, you had many flings, you had many girls,  now you come back aftet 7 years and ask for my hand either out of sympathy which I don't need or for your political career, for which I will not support at all your decision of marrying me..

Murtasim ( trying to speak)... : you.. listen first..., actually I have always loved you and you know that...

Meerab: how will I know that you love me, have you ever shown any interest towards me, have you ever asked me that meerab what do you want, have you ever tried to know what I have been going through,  is this your love ...
Just like an animal whosoever feels, try to gain me under name of marriage..., I am tired of all this , I am also human, for god sake just forget that there is some meerab waqas khan in your family... do one thing just think I have died..

Murtasim: Enough now..... you can't just keep on blaming me without listening my side..

Meerab : I don't care and dont want to listen, about your point of view..

She stood up and started to leave but before she could step forward murtasim hold her in such a way that she was facing her back to him, he came near her ear and said huskily, you have become so bold,  as far I remember, you were afraid of me or I should say shy but now I am seeing a different meerab... but I am loving it more now...my Jaan...

Meerab : just shut ...

Murtasim put his finger in her lips...

Murtasim: sshhh.... Listen very clearly by the end of this week we are going to get married, you need to prepare yourself and after marriage I will clear your all misunderstandings and also show you what is my love ...

Meerab: I dont agree with this...

Murtasim: you have to my love..

Meerab: if not then what you will do threaten me the way your brother did..

Murtasim ( smiled sarcastically) : nope.. I have better ways.., let me show you a video...

As murtasim shown her video, all her face colour drained, her eyes were filled with tears..
She couldn't believe that she was played so badly in hands of her own people, whom she thought her family and well wisher, she became numb..
Murtasim hold her shoulder and she was crying on his chest, what is wrong with everyone , why they did this to me, was I not a family for them, he knew she needed support..

Murtasim: we need to fight together,  keep faith in me, I have waited for you many years,  I have never forgot in these years that you are waiting for me , it's just lack of communication between us that created so much  difference,  but now I want to make sure, NO One should come between us...

He was wiping her tears and asked her...

Meerab khan will you marry me..

Meerab : Murtasim you don't know many things, if haya came to know about this, she will create a new scene, everyone will blame me for breaking her engagement ...

Murtasim: I don't care what others think, I care about you and only you, what assumptions she made behind my back is not my concern and I will handle her...

Meerab : and what about Maa begum, she is angry with me..

Murtasim: ( sighed and said) she will agree soon, she still not accepted death of anas bhai, it will take time but I know you , with your sweet gestures you will bring smile on her face, she loves you like marium can't stay angry for long...

Meerab: What about naurez, you know he...

Murtasim ( closed his fist tightly): will handle him ..., now if your all queries are solved then can you answer my question,  I am waiting for that...

Meerab for the first time after a year, felt happy and contented, she replied shyly, yes I will marry you..

Murtasim hugged her tightly and placed a kiss on her forehead..

-----‐----‐------------------

On the other side of Haveli, Anwar and Nauraz came to meet waqas and anila as they came to know about meerab and murtasim getting married , they were angry at waqas  as it was decided that they will marry meerab to Nauraz , but how come murtasim came in between, he had already moved on and now for his political career he wants to use meerab again, they were trying to convince waqas that shahnawaz family can do anything for their politics, we should not involve happiness of our kids in rhis mess...

Murtasim and meerab entered at the same time...

Naurez got up from his place and moved towards meerab..

Naurez : meerab you should not agree to this relationship,  just say them NO...
( In anger he caught her hand )

Before meerab could react, murtasim pushed away naurez from her and shouted loudly..

Murtasim: just keep away your hands from my would be wife...

Naurez: ( looking at meerab) how can you accept knowing so much about his affairs..

Murtasim ( shouted ): Enough... meerab youngp inside further I will deal with everyone...