chapter 2

Khan Haveli was flooded with people ,who came to mourn for Anas shanawaz khan's death, murtasim was beside his father , who was also supported by other males of family ,his both chachas, rohail and naurez, by the evening he was not getting a positive vibe from rohail and naurez, naurez was though always distant from him but rohail followed him everywhere,  he thought to confront rohail soon..

As time was passing by, he was getting restless, he didn't meet any female of family besides his mother and sister, by evening when guest were leaving giving  family to have some privacy to mourn for death of young son...

In hall everyone was present except haya, meerab and Saba..

Murtasim suddenly asked about his sister-in-law, he knew he can't meet her, but atleast console her behind curtains..

Now complete family was in delimma, how to disclose about anas wife..

Murtasim : Maa please let me ,talk to her or atleast  know about bhabhi, as not a year was completed to their marriage,  she might be in stress..

Marium : No bhai she is not in stress, you dont worry..

Murtasim was confused by her sister's statement,  he couldn't connect dots..

Maa begum : marium what nonsense you are talking..

Marium: then please tell bhai about our bhabhi...

Shahnawaz :( keeping his hand on her head and threatening her)  marium, why don't you make tea for us, we will talk till then ....

Marium got afraid of his father nodded and left quietly..

Murtasim : now enough of this suspense, either you tell me or I will meet her myself..

Shahnawaz : meerab...  meerab was married to Anas..

Murtasim: which meerab ..?

Waqas : my daughter..

Murtasim : my meerab.. The one who was promised to marry me.. that meerab ....
Who I have left as my possession with you all.. why have you done this..

Waqas : she was not married to Anas,  she was sacrificed for our so called honour , and for that I will never forgive you shahnawaz bhai..
( rohail came forward and supported his crying father)..

Murtasim wanted answers from his father , with teary eyes he asked again why...

Shahnawaz : I had no option , Anas suddenly became adamant to marry meerab, we tried to explain him, he was not ready to listen anything.., still we didn't agree, but what he did next left no option for us..

Murtasim : What he did..?

Shahnawaz : he kept gun on his head and threatened us to say yes..,

Murtasim was shocked hearing this..

Murtasim : so you should have let him die..,

Shahnawaz : are you mad.., if he would have committed suicide then what about our reputation,  what would I have answered that my son was coward , obsessed with a woman...

Murtasim: for the sake of your so called reputation , you sacrificed US baba..

Rohail interrupted him..

Rohail : ( mocking him ) US means.. you should be happy that you are not obliged to marry her.. you start your life with the one you wanted...

Murtasim: What nonsense are you saying,  I cannot think about anyone else..

Maa begum : stop you all , my son has died 24 hours back, and you are fighting on his death, please all of you  move to your room.. and anila you stay with meerab and nadia please keep checking her, from the moment she heard about Anas she has not spoken a word, neither she cried a bit, I think she is in shock..

Nadia : sorry to say bhabhi but she lost her voice a year back , she hardly spoke any sentence and forgot to smile..

Maa begum : Nadia.. please this is not the time to talk about all this..

Murtasim: I want to see meerab once , talk to her..

Maa begum: she is your bhabhi , call her that, she is elder in relation..

Murtasim: ( mockingly) I don't believe in this bull shit marriage..

Rohail :( showed him palm ) it's enough now, I will not let anyone to play with my sister's life.. she is a human being not a doll..

Murtasim: ( removing his hand) at present noone can stop me from meeting her..
Saying this he left..