chapter 1

Bakhtu stopped the car in drive way, when he looked towards murtasim, he was afraid that this happiness on his face is for sometime and as reality will strike, he will not be able to handle himself, but he has to face it and whatever may be the case he will support him..

Bakhtu : chote khan you go inside, driver will bring your luggage and always remember, I am just a voice away ..

He hugged him tightly and asked to move inside..

Murtasim nodded and moved towards Haveli, as he entered he found some strange sadness,  none of the member was there to welcome him, though they live in joint family , suddenly someone came running and hugged him, due to which he was disbalanced , the women was started crying loudly, before he could distance himself, he found her to be marium his only sister, seeing her crying like this ,fear was engulfing him that something very bad has happened....

Marium: Bhai why you are so late, everything is over now...

She was still crying,  he caressed her hairs slightly and asked her politely..

Murtasim : where is everyone and what happened..

Marium : Anas bhai has been shot yesterday , he is very critical and they are sending Meer..

Before she could complete , a voice boomed..

Voice : ( shouting ) Marium.... go inside and take care of meerab...

Murtasim got alert with her name, he was not able to digest that his Anas bhai was shot then why meerab should be taken care of..

Murtasim nodded marium to move inside and moved towards his father and greeted him..

His all happiness vanished within minutes and he was now worried about many things but still keeping himself calm asked his father, about his Anas bhai..

Shahnawaz : come with me in study, there is lot to tell you, before you meet anyone, I will explain you everything..

He followed his father...

Shahnawaz: yesterday evening malliks , our political opponent shot Anas , he was critical last night but couldn't survive morning , we have not declared about his death as we need time to handle many things and his voice choked due to his tears..., now you have come we can proceed with his funeral..

Murtasim: How could all this happen,  what were we all doing ,was it so easy to shoot bhai, was he not under security as far I remember  the moment Anas bhai joined politics you never left him alone without security, I am not understanding that when our politics has gone to such low level that we have started hurting each others family ...

I have come after 3 years and the first thing I came to know is I lost my brother , how is ma saheb, let me meet her first...

He had many questions in his mind but his father was not much bothered about all these things, he very well knew he will be able to explain murtasim about all political issues , but he was afraid about next informationwhich he was going to feed him...

Shahnawaz: wait there is more to tell you.., in your absence due to some emergency, we have conducted marriage of Anas...

Murtasim : ( extremely shocked) What... and why was I not informed , possibly I couldn't come but at least I would have witnessed it online, who is my sister-in-law, is she from family or it is some political alliance...

Shahnawaz was gathering courage to tell the name , mean while his wife Salma entered study, as she came to know murtasim has arrived, she could not hold herself and came running to meet her son..

She was crying badly, as she lost her young child, she was in a bad condition,  murtasim left with his mother  towards hall, to console her , he asked her chachi to bring water , everyone was in bad condition...

Till then shahnawaz also came in hall and announced that now I am going to announce about demise of Anas and also that my political hier will be murtasim khan..

Murtasim khan in his wildest dream never thought that he will be joining politics and this was a shock for him, but right now his first preference was to handle his family, his work commitments can wait , but his family needs him most ,so he simply nodded looking towards his father..