|55|

Okay, first I want to say that I don't know how it's been five months since I've updated??? I do have many excuses that include finishing classes, vacation, and travel for work (which thank God I'm finally home), but I also want to say sorry becau...

Okay, first I want to say that I don't know how it's been five months since I've updated??? I do have many excuses that include finishing classes, vacation, and travel for work (which thank God I'm finally home), but I also want to say sorry because its been FIVE months.

Insane.

Anyways, I'm also sorry to say that this is the last chapter of this story! I wanted to wrap it up as first, I think everything is at a happy and good spot to leave off, and if I included anything else, the story would end up being 100 chapters. Second, I want to write a second story that will have it's own arc.

Exciting, I know, but I don't think it will be happening extremely soon, but is something I hope to work on over the next little while.

Anyways, I really hope you like this last chapter!

It was barely past nine in the morning when Marlow got a call from Sharon, asking if she could pop by. Her hearing was held the day before, and with the official pardon, there were details to be worked on in New York.

By chance though, Marlow wasn't at her apartment—or in Brooklyn. She'd went to Manhattan to the Stark Industries office to familiarize herself with the space and the technology. That's what she'd told Pepper anyways. Truthfully, her visit the month prior was all she needed to familiarize herself. The building of course was much larger than the few halls she travelled through, but a personal computer that she could take over remotely meant she'd sifted through camera feeds and floor plans in the days after the GRC attack.

Being in Manhattan made picking a café—one with a private patio that they could hold hostage with a flash of a badge—an easy feat.

With coffees and a few pastries, they nestled themselves on comfortable patio furniture beneath a large umbrella. Their conversation flowed easily, allowing the two to get to get to know each other during a time that wasn't post-fight.

"How long as it been since you saw your dad?"

"At Aunt Peggy's funeral, so nearly eight years..." Sharon explained quietly as her eyes dropped to her mug.