|31|

Hey everyone

Hey everyone...

So there is a lot of heavy stuff happening in my life right now including a move to the other side of the country for school, so over the next few weeks, I'm not sure how much I will be updating or writing. 

I'll be doing my best to keep my weekly updates, so please hang with me. 

I hope you're all doing well and for me, everyone hug your family a little tighter. 

"You ready?" Sam asked.

After breakfast, her and Bucky had gone outside, returning to the spot they'd sat over a week ago when she started coming back to herself. It was bitterly cold, yet Bucky didn't seem bothered by it—or at least he hid it. Her body had fallen into pinprick numbness after the first half hour, and even though she'd told him to head inside, he refused.

"Not with you still out here."

She didn't even notice the time passing as she watched the water.

Like before, helicopters would occasionally fly overhead, and at one point she almost asked to go see the ruins of the Compound. It was where Nat and Steve spent the last five years, along with the rest of the Avengers who'd been spared from the Snap, maybe she could find some type of comfort within it.

But she knew she wouldn't. All she would see was death. Death of her friends, the deaths of strangers. The thought made her angry—because some man out in space decided that half of them didn't deserve to live. And of the billions who survived, it was her friend that made the sacrifice—but no one would know.

And God, as much as that hurt, it made her proud to have known her. To have been even a fleeting moment in her life.

Bucky had to pull her away from the shoreline, like he had before, to bring her inside to stave off the onset of hypothermia, muttering all the while that that was why she couldn't be alone.