Chapter 4 : Acceptance E- mail

No one has stopped by the café for thirty minutes. It was Sunday, and Tommy was working the closing shift at Duckling Café in District 63.

It has been a day since the interview at the Hero Tower.

Thera were only 10 minutes until closing time and no one was there ,so he decided that he would close early.

He wiped down the counter and table. Tommy cleaned up the bar and put away his apron in the back room. He picked up his bag and went to the front door. Closing the door behind him.

He started walking when his phone buzzed, meaning that there was a notification.

Quickly, he opened his phone and saw that it was a notification from his e-mail.

Thera was an e-mail from the Hero Tower. Tommy could feel his heartbeat rise. HE GOT AN E-MAIL FROM THE HERO TOWER-

He clicked on the e-mail, 'Blaha Blah Blah Yady Yada.. We are pleased to say that you have gotten the job as janitor and maintenance worker at the Hero Tower. You will start working tomorrow, Monday, at 7am.'

Tommy couldn't believe his eyes. He got the job.

Tommy couldn't contain his excitement. He was spinning around like a maniac.

Tommy called the manager of the store he was working in. He told him that he would like to just work the closing shift now because of the job opportunity he got at the Hero Tower. The manager said it was okay and he had a person who was interested in the job anyway. But he would have to cut a little bit of his pay.

Tommy didn't like that idea very much, but it was fair. Tommy worked fewer hours, so less money.

After the call ended, he sprinted back home, remembering that he had to pay his rent.

Fuck how could he have forgotten AGAIN?!

After getting in the apartment, he grabbed the envelope of chash that had almost all of his money in there right now. And all of that money was to pay his old rent price. Imagine how much in debt Tommy would be if he didn't get another job.

He went downstairs and gave the envelope to Clementine. Clementine thanked him for paying it in the time slot that he had to pay in, unlike last time.

Tommy nodded and went to his apartment.

He locked the door behind him and sat on the sofa to chach his breath.

Tommy looked down and saw his dirty shoes were still on his feet. Letting out an annoyed sigh, he untied his shoes and threw them by the door. After a minute or two of just staring where one day will be a TV, he got up and slid his bag on the sofa.

Tommy walked to his small bedroom and took off his clothes. He put on his red with ginger bread man sweatpants and an old baggy white T-shirt. Whit some questionable stains. But he can't complain he got his PJ set on Goodwill's for the half off deal when he was still living on the streets.

He put on an alarm for 3 am. Tommy would rather sacrifice normal sleeping for only three or four hours of sleep if it meant he could have enough money to feed himself and pay the rent.

Tommy was way too tired and lazy to get to the bathroom and brush his teeth.

The second he let his eyes rest, the sensation of sleep took him over.

______________________________________________________________________________________

RRING RIING RINNG!

That's the annoying sound that woke him up. He slammed the dismiss button on his phone. He rolled to the other side of the bed and sat up.

Today is the first day of the new job...