Infiltration Mission (Part 5)

**This part won't make sense at all unless you've read "Once Upon a Time." I actually recommend reading it on my Ao3 account if you clicked on this story without reading it yet. It's edited better. Same username. Same story name. Thanks for the support!**

**Also trigger warning: Anxiety**

"Finally," he breathed, once they were outside. "That atmosphere was getting to be too much, even for me. How were you dealing with it? You're not good with people... Are you?"

Sarada shrugged. "If I want to be hokage, I have to get used to big social gatherings... Or at least, that's what I've been telling myself... That being said, you can see the stars really well from here. I guess it's because the only source of light for miles around is behind us," she mumbled, taking a step forward.

Boruto joined her, the back of his hand brushing against hers. There was light laugher as their pinky's reached for each other, and then their hands folded together as seamlessly as a curtain.

They were practically pros at sneaking affection in public, but to be alone together with no mission to complete? Nothing to pressure them to part ways? It was as rare to Boruto as pulling an SSR card that wasn't his dad.

"Hey, Sarada."

"Hm?"

"Do you think we should tell someone about it? Other than Shikadai, I mean."

"It?" She raised an eyebrow at him. "You mean us?"

"It, us, no matter what name you put on it... I don't know. I know this stupid Karma is in the way," he said, looking at his hand. "And I'm still scared of our parents finding out... But don't you want to spend time together outside of missions? To go on actual... Well, I guess still secretive, dates?"

"To where, Kaminari Burger," she said with a laugh, turning to face him and pulling his other hand into hers.

"Mmmm... I think I'd take to all the secret spots I found while trying to hide from dad after I pranked him," he said, turning to face her with a big grin. "Although Kaminari Burger isn't bad..."

"You'll have to show me these secret spots later. I didn't even know they existed."

"That's why there a secret," he hummed, sneaking one arm around her waist and turning back to the stars.

She leaned her head against him and they sat there in a comfortable silence for a few blissful moments.

"Hey, Boruto..."

"Hmm?"

"Are you... Are you sure you're ok with... me?"

"After all this, you're really going to tell me you're insecure," he laughed, looking over and touching his forehead to hers. "Sarada..."

The momentary urge to kiss her was stifled by a mild panic.

He lifted his head and went around behind her, tucking his chin comfortably into her shoulder as both arms came to rest around her stomach. "Don't make me say more embarrassing stuff."

"But if you got stuck in that game with some other girl... Then wouldn't you--"

"Sa-ra-da."

Her quiet forlorn disposition told him she still wasn't entirely satisfied with his answer.

Sighing into her hair, he pulled himself away and guided her to face him, thin shoulders under his palms.

"Listen to yourself. Let's go through the list. If I got stuck in that game with Cho-Cho, I sure as heck wouldn't have kissed her. And I'd gag if I had to."