Infiltration Mission (Part 3)

Boruto made sure to get out of the carriage first and offered Sarada his hand. He escorted her inside as professionally as possible, despite the aching in his chest.

In the ballroom, there were enough people to make up a village. Rather than attempting to make conversation, he led Sarada to a long table with bountiful deserts and paused to get a plate.

A young boy approached and elbowed Boruto in the side. He seemed to be almost an entire head taller than the last time they met, but he still had the same odd hairstyle; a little poof for bangs with two small c shaped curls by his ears.

"Tento?!"

"Yo, Boruto! Did you get a girlfriend? She's pretty."

Boruto's nose twitched, but he ignored the oncoming feeling of jealousy. "This is Uchiha Sarada... You remember her right? She's my teammate."

Calling her nothing more than a teammate at this point was killing him on the inside. Especially with the way Tento was eyeing her.

"Hm. She's kind of my style..." Tento bowed in exaggeration. "May I have a dance, milady?"

Boruto expected Sarada to flat out decline, but when there was silence, he shifted his gaze to see her looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You know what Tento, on second thought, she's my date for tonight. So I'd prefer if you didn't try and steal her from me."

"Hm? Your date is she..." Tento leaned forward, his still small (at least, in comparison to Boruto) and round self taunting Boruto with his beady black eyes. "I bet you aren't brave enough to kiss her!"

Boruto sighed. "Tento, are you still into being a ninja?"

"I've been practicing throwing shuriken ever since that day! And I can throw it really good now. Come to the backyard with your date and maybe I'll give you a demonstration," he suggested, raising his eyebrows in Sarada's direction. "That being said Boruto, you dodged the question. If you can't kiss her right here and right now, then I have the right to take her to dance. All guys can kiss their date... Even adults."

"I don't see you with one," he sneered, but nevertheless, he knew the little redhead wasn't going to leave him alone until he did something. "Watch closely, Tento. I'll show you how a ninja kisses a girl."

Forming a plus sign with the mid-joints of his fingers, Boruto materialized a shadow clone. He leaned in and kissed both of Sarada's cheeks simultaneously, earning him a forehead flick. The real one didn't hurt. The other one dematerialized his shadow clone on impact.

Getting the hint, he pretended like he was in pain. "Ow! What did you do that for?" He rubbed at his head.

"Don't embarrass me in public!" Sarada moved onto the food. "Come on, let's just get something to eat and go home."

Tento was grinning. "Way better than the sexy types at home... And besides, you call that a kiss? Everyone knows that a real kiss is on the lips."

"Oh yeah?" Boruto leaned over the shortie. "Well then you'd also know that girls wear this stuff called lipstick, and if you kiss them while they're wearing it, it gets all over your face... Tastes pretty good though."

Tento blinked a few times. "How many girls have you kissed?"

Boruto smirked back. "Just that one." He looked over his shoulder at Sarada as she gathered some food and put it onto a plate. "But just so you know, that's a secret. My dad doesn't even know about it."

"Oh!" His eyes began to sparkle in a new light. "Forbidden love stories are always interesting... If that's the case, I'll be cheering you on, Boruto!"

"Hm," he smirked. "Good luck finding your own date for tonight, Tento!" He waved the Feudal Lord's son off and went back to Sarada's side.