Infiltration Mission (Part 2)

Boruto adjusted his black tie. It had been at least thirty minutes since he finished getting suited up, and she still wasn't ready.

The hair gel that weighed down a good bit of the fluff to his hair made him nervous, taking the security of his bangs away. The crème colored suit was stuffy and hot. The vest he wore underneath of the jacket wasn't making it any better. The shoes were hurting his feet already. They must have gotten the measurements wrong.

But the second she walked out the door, he forgot about all of his minor complaints and stood frozen, his eyes unable to leave her even if they wanted to.

Sarada's strapless red dress hugged her upper body until it reached her waistline, showing off the subtle curvature she gained in the past two years. The shiny sheen of her back hose against her pale knees was just visible under the several thin puffy frills that made up the skirt. Long black gloves reached from her fingertips to the middle of her bare upper arms.

Boruto swallowed thickly. Despite standing at a distance, he could practically feel the tight fabric of her dress against his hand, the dip of her waistline under his palm. The way the ruffles of her skirt would brush against the fabric of his pants. Her dainty gloved hand in his.

He wanted a piece of her silky soft hair to fall from the bow that held her bangs, just so he could tuck it back behind her ear. He wanted her close, to look up at him and see the way the light reflected off of her emphasized charcoal eyes. The mesmerizing sparkly sheen on her eyelids as she blinked slowly. The movements of her lips as she uttered his name.

A sweet scent wafted into his nose and made his own eyelids grow heavy. Heartache spread through his chest and into his shoulders. He did his best to drop his gaze to the floor, but even that didn't stop his brain from falling for the sassy way she walked in 3 inch heels, black bows hiding the curvature of her toes from view.

He just wanted to freeze time, just for a moment. Just to take in her appearance. To marvel at the transformation.

Unfortunately, he had to stop eyeing her, for the person who walked into the shop was none other than Sakura.

"I can't believe you took on this mission... You two look stunning! Get together, let me take your picture."

"Mama!"

Sakura took out a camera with a smile. "Hinata is on her way with Himawari. They wanted to see you two looking all dressed up. I've got to get back to the hospital, so get together already! You can't be this awkward around each other if you're going to that ball."

Boruto smiled gently. He swallowed back his attraction to her rather painfully and stepped up beside Sarada. She let out a slight gasp when his hand rested on her bare shoulder and pulled her into his side. With a cheesy grin, he held up a peace sign and leaned his head against hers.

"Aww look at you two! Boruto, doesn't she look adorable?"

"Mama, stop it!"

"For Sarada, she looks pretty good," he smirked, keeping his focus on Sakura's camera as she put it back around her neck. There was no way he could tease her if he was looking at her face. He would just freeze and stutter until something embarrassing came out of his mouth.

But after two years of acting, it wasn't difficult to ignore his heart beating a mile a minute and the urge to pull her into a hug at the simple brush of his fingers against her exposed shoulder.

"Onii-chan!" Himawari's voice echoed at the entrance. "Wow! I don't think I've ever seen you in a suit!"

He laughed and picked up his little sister, spinning her around. "Your big brother has an important mission to fulfill. Otherwise he wouldn't be wearing a suit."