2

(A/N: Advance sorry for the grammatical errors and misspelled words ahead. Happy reading!)

-------------------------------------------

Celeste

I offered my hand after introducing myself to him. He just looked at my hand and reluctantly accepted it. Although he didn't say anything or greeted me back.

"Calum, aren't you going to introduce yourself to her as well?" his mom said.

He just gripped her shirt tighter and looked at her as if he didn't want to do it. I smiled a little.

"It's alright, Tita Cassandra. I'm sure he'll warm up to me soon. " I said. Tita Cassandra smiled at me.

"I guess I don't have to worry about Calum anymore. He'll finally have a friend. "

"Alright. Enough with the introductions. Let's eat. I'm starving. " my Mom said, changing the topic. We went to the dining room and sat down.

My Mom and Tita Cassandra talked a lot while eating. They talked about their memories as childhood bestfriends. They seem to be avoiding one topic though.

"I'm so happy you guys are finally back. I really thought you would choose to stay abroad after... " my Mom paused.

Tita Cassandra cleared her throat before answering. "Yeah.. We've actually been planning to go back even before.. even before Richard l-left us.. " she paused and looked up. I could see tears pooling her eyes again. "B-but uhh.. Unfortunately, things.. h-happened and we weren't able to go back earlier. "

My mom looked sad while looking at her. She touched her hand.

"Don't worry. You know you can count on us. We'll make sure that the company abroad is well managed. We won't let Richard's efforts go to waste. And we won't abandon you two. " my Mom assured her. Tita Cassandra smiled sadly. "Thank you, Astrid. I.. I really appreciate it. "

After the lunch. My Mom and Tita Cassandra went upstairs. They told us to play for a while and that they will be discussing some things. I urged Calum to come with me at my playroom.

"Come! Let's go at my playroom. I'll show you my toys! Although, I don't know if you'll like dolls. " I offered my hand to him. He just looked at it reluctantly. I guess he still hasn't warmed up to me.

"Okay. If you're not comfortable touching my hand, then you can just follow me instead. " I said and went upstairs. He followed me immediately.

I opened the door to my playroom and urged him to come inside.

"This is my playroom. Isn't it pretty? My favourite color is purple that's why I have a purple playroom. " I said. He just looked around quietly and touched some things.

"You can touch anything, I don't mind. I'll just go down and get us some snacks. Wait for me, okay? " I said and ran down to go to the kitchen. I ordered the maids to get me some cookies and drinks and immediately went upstairs. When I entered the playroom again, I saw him playing with my Hanoi Tower.