1

(A/N: Advance sorry for the grammatical errors and misspelled words ahead. Happy reading!)

-----------------------------------------------------------

I don't consider myself as someone who is a good person. I did a lot of bad things, specially to those around me, specially to him. I was self centered, I admit. I could feel people were annoyed with me, but I didn't care. All I cared about, then, was how to make him fall and make his life miserable.

But I wasn't always like this. I wasn't always the 'grumpy girl' that everybody thinks I am. Although, I'm not denying that I have a bad behavior, I was also once a small and simple girl.

"Celeste, you must get ready now. In a few hours, darating na ang mga bisita. Manang Fe, paki liguan na si Celeste----"

"Mommy! I'll take a bath on my own! I'm a big girl now" I said, frustrated. My Mom chuckled and sat beside me on the bed.

"Right. You're already 8 so you're a 'big girl' now. Sorry, I forgot about it." she pinched my nose gently. "Alright then. Go ahead and take a bath. I'll wait for you here and we'll get all dolled up together."

"Mommy. Who is our guests again?"

"They're my and your Dad's friend. Our company co-owner. Remember? I told you your Dad has a friend from highschool. They decided to create a business, which is our company. They're managing our company's branch abroad that's why they migrated, but they're actually moving here now. They will be our new neighbours." my mom said.

"But why are they going home? Is the company okay?" I asked.

"Yes, Hija. The company is fine. It's just that... well.. They're a family. But then.. one of them died. You know what I mean right? When someone dies, they go to the hands of God in heaven."

"Oh. That's sad mommy."

"I know, Anak. But it'll be fine. We'll just have to take care of them so they don't feel sad, right? " she assured me. "Oh, by the way, they have a son who's your age. Finally, you'll have someone to play with. Make sure to be nice to him, alright? And don't ask him about what happened. He'll be sad. "

"Okay, Mommy."

The 8 years old me went ahead to get ready.

After getting ready, we went down and waited at the front door. A few minutes later, our guests arrived.

A very beautiful woman came in from our front door. She looked like a kind person. She has a soft look, like a prim and proper woman. She was so beautiful for the 8 year old me. I instantly admired her. However, there was something with her. Her eyes were kind of red and she looked down. But still, she smiled when she saw me.

"Cassandra, you're finally here." my mom immediately hugged her. I could tell the woman, Cassandra, was about to cry when my mom hugged her. Tears pooled her eyes and she started crying on my mom's shoulders. My mom kept rubbing her back and whispered something to her.

As an 8 year old, I felt sad for her. Seeing her cry made me feel like crying too. But before I did, she broke the hug and wiped her tears.