We Both Know

Author's Note: HI! I don't own Glee or the people in this story, sadly! Neither do I own the songs used (Colbie Caillat & Gavin Degraw - We Both Know and Ben Howard - Only Love)

The POV's are mixed today, yay. I wrote the Sam bit in Kurt's bit because Ruby forced me to do so aha! Anyway, here it all is! Hope you like it! (ps when writing this we found it hilarious that Blaine was on a Plaine, because it rhymed. weird stuff, right?!)

Darling you’re with me, always around me

x-xxxXXx-X Kurt’s POV X-xXX-xxx-x

It had been exactly ten minutes since Santana’s confession and Kurt was still yet to say anything. He stared intensely at a spot just behind Santana’s shoulder, he was still incredibly angry with her, not that she had done anything massively wrong, in reality he felt more upset with himself for causing Blaine so much heartache. He hadn’t seen Blaine since the wedding and now he was flying to New York with the intention of winning Kurt back and honestly, Kurt wasn’t sure that he even wanted to be won back. He wanted time. Time to think, time to be certain that whatever decision he (finally) came to was the right one, even if that meant him and Blaine not getting back together. Santana shook him out of his thoughts by waving her hand in front of his face, “Hellllllllloooooo?! Earth to Hummel! Blaine’s plane will be arriving in like 3 hours and you’ve not said ONE WORD since I told you he was even coming! Despite the copious amount of hair gel he wears and the ridiculous number of bow-ties he owns I actually quite like Blaine and you together so I swear to God if you mess this up I am going to go all Lima Heights on your ass and it won’t be pretty.”

Kurt seemed unphased by her annoyance and said in a very small voice, “I don’t want to get hurt again.”  Santana’s face softened slightly and for once she was completely at a loss for what to say and in a move that surprised both her and Kurt she put her arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug as she felt him sob silently into her shoulder.  Santana didn’t do well with people crying and awkwardly untangled herself from Kurt’s grasp and gave him a look which she felt showed equal numbers of understanding and affection when in reality she looked extremely awkward and uncomfortable and despite himself Kurt couldn’t help but chuckle slightly at her attempt at trying to cheer him up - earning him a slight glare from Santana.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx BLAINE'S POV xxxxxxxxxxxx

Blaine was woken up by a loud voice coming from the PA system, declaring that they were just experiencing some turbulence and that they would land in New York in about 30 minutes. Blaine yawned and blinked a few times. He’d fallen asleep immediately when the plane took off and he was happy he’d gotten some sleep. After the making the quick decision to go to New York earlier, the entire day had been stressful. He’d rushed home and grabbed a bag and thrown down some clothes quickly. No time to think, just act. He’d gone straight to the airport and gotten a ticket to New York. He had to get there today, as quickly as he possibly could. He had to see Kurt, he had to tell him that they belonged together. Blaine didn’t care about the British guy Kurt supposedly was dating. What did he have that Blaine didn’t? Blaine closed his eyes and thought about the last time he and Kurt had talked.

“Blaine, I’m not stupid. I know what you mean.”

Blaine laughed. “Yeah? Then how hard can it be Kurt? Just admit that we’re back together again.”

Kurt sighed. “It’s just… It’s not that easy.”

“Why not? Have you met someone else?”

“No no… Not really.”

Blaine went quiet. He knew when Kurt was lying, but he didn’t want to believe it. “So you have met someone else then? Don’t lie to me Kurt.”