~ you belong with me ~

Author's note: I do not own Glee or the people in this story.  (Though I wish). Also don't own the songs used in this story, (Katy Perry - Thinking of You, Taylor Swift - You Belong with Me, Cher Lloyd - Want U Back, Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks). Blaine's part is longer than Kurt's part here, because Blaine had a lot of development and a lot emotional stuff going on. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND LIKE :)

You said move on where do I go? I guess, second best, is all I will know... ‘cos when I’m with him, I’m thinking of you

You’re like and Indian summer in the middle of winter, like a hard candy with a surprise centre. How do I get better once I’ve had the best?

Kurt Hummel was pacing around his kitchen. He had decided to cook Adam a sweet, romantic meal (not in an attempt to stop thinking about Blaine, he assured himself) and had banished Rachel and Brody into their bedroom, not that they protested, and Santana was well... Who knew where Santana was? When she wasn’t looking through their things or bitching at Rachel about Brody she was rarely at home. This suited Kurt just fine, however much he loved Santana he didn’t love her stealing his pillows and drinking the last of the milk.  Kurt was undoubtedly a lover of big romantic gestures, but everything he had ever done in the past had been for Blaine, knowing exactly what he’d like. Adam was different thought, they’d only known each other for a few weeks - a month at a push and he had absolutely no clue if he’d like this or not. So, instead of setting the table calmly waiting his arrival, Kurt had resorted to pacing.

Adam was late, 6 minutes late to be precise. Blaine was never late, in fact Blaine was often unfashionably early which Kurt couldn’t help but find adorable. Kurt inwardly groaned and buried his face in his hands. This was ridiculous! He wasn’t with Blaine anymore, he couldn’t possibly be, once a cheater always a cheater - that’s what they all say. Even so, he couldn’t deny that Blaine had been on his mind ever since the wedding, he was just about to give in and reply to one of his many texts (some extremely cheesy, even for Blaine) when the doorbell rang.

“Saved by the bell,” Kurt muttered to himself, swinging the door open to see a grinning Adam who promptly thrusted a bunch of flowers into Kurt’s hands. He couldn’t help by smile back at the now blushing Adam before swiftly kissing him on the cheek and ushering him into the apartment.

He kissed my lips I taste your mouth, he pulled me in I was disgusted with myself

“Oh Kurt! This is so lovely, when you said dinner I expected takeout and a cheap bottle of wine, I didn’t think you’d cook for me!” Adam exclaimed looking around the candelit setting of the kitchen. He pulled Kurt in for a kiss to which Kurt was slightly taken aback by. It was nothing like kissing Blaine. Sure, it wasn’t bad, but he didn’t get the butterflies he got every single time Blaine kissed him. He broke away from the kiss, mumbling something about not wanting the chicken to be overdone but really he just needed a second to think. Was this really what he wanted? If he was completely honest it wasn’t, but him and Blaine were never, ever, ever getting back together. Thank God for TSwift Kurt thought, as he placed the dinner on two plates and headed back to the table where a rather anxious looking Adam was seated.

He gave him an apologetic glance and sat down in his chair, silently hoping the grond would swallow him hole so he could escape this awkward dinner. Just as he was about to open his mouth to say something, Adam interrupted him. “Look, Kurt. I like you - I think that much is obvious but I’m not so sure you feel the same way about me. I mean, we enjoy each other’s company, have a lot of fun together and I love being around you Kurt, I do, but lately it seems as if you’re just always thinking about something else... Or someone else, and I think we both know who that person is. You’ve been acting weird ever since you got back from the wedding and my guess is that it has something to do with Blaine.”