❦︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 31 ❦︎

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" 

"i went to practice with the twins

"i went to practice with the twins. it's more important" suna shrugged. y/n was quiet when she realized that her relief expressed because of suna's words, weren't just for any reason. "i told her that we could catch up after the game when im not overly busy" he added on. y/n rolled her eye's at this comment and it didn't go unnoticed by suna. in fact, he purposely said this while glancing at her just to see a reaction. he let out a laugh, making y/n's eye's dart over to him.

"stop staring at me. its fucking creepy, suna" 

"aw, what happened to, sunarin?" he questioned, noticing how y/n dropped his usual nickname. "I'm not calling you sunarin until i forgive you" she said, hearing suna hum in response at her new bet of the sorts. "anyways, you stood up hikari, that's cold of you" y/n decided to partially change the subject, noticing how they were close to nozumi and kazuya's school. "you have no right to call me cold. you basically ghosted us and made us think you were dead" suna tried to defend his own actions by bringing up the ones of y/n. 

"IT WASN'T ON PURPOSE" 

"you're a waste of two billion years of evolution" suna mumbled a bit quietly so y/n wouldn't hear his words. "and you're friends with me so who's the stupid one?" y/n questioned, reaching over to flick suna's forehead. he placed his palm over the stinging area, about to return the gesture to y/n, until he realized that she was smiling over the situation. he decided to keep his hands to himself, letting y/n get away with her innocent actions. 

"were hereeee...sadly" kazuya frowned, coming to the realization they he'd have to enter the building and remain there for the eight hours out of his day. "bye guys" y/n smiled, waving the two off as they slowly walked away, dreading the school day. "don't get into any fights" atsumu laughed, as y/n gasped with kazuya quickly stuck up the middle finger, running off. 

"no way" suna said, a small smile of shock forming on his lips. "y/n, what are you teaching them?" osamu questioned, playfully scolding the girl as he placed his palm on top of her head. she shrugged as the group now made their way to their own school.

♧♧♧

"good morning, sunarin!" 

y/n's eyes darted to the figure when the familiar nickname was used with an unfamiliar voice. hikari. "morning" he mumbled tiredly as they entered the classroom. y/n looked over at suna, while he looked back at her with a confused expression. "you know that's my nickname for you" y/n said, taking her usual seat next to suna. "really? i havent heard it in a while since apparently, i have to wait till I'm forgiven" his sarcasm sounded less like sarcasm and more like seriousness but, in all honesty, y/n couldn't really tell. she rolled her eye's when hikari stood infront of the two's desk.

class hadn't started yet so they were waiting for the teacher to arrive. but, until then, students were conversing. "good morning, y/n" hikari greeted. y/n nodded to her, keeping her usual expression until hikari smiled at her. "you know, you're really similar to rintarou" she said, looking between the two. suna's name being mentioned, peaked his interest as he looked at the two, silently listening to their conversation. "what makes you say that?" y/n asked.

"you're both really closed off and quiet"

"oh..?" y/n asked once again. hikari nodded as she decided to clear up her claim. "you guys are really cold until you get close to a person." hikari said. suna thought about how he was like that towards y/n when she moved closer to the area and y/n was also like that towards him. have they really gotten that close? he knew some things about y/n but had no idea if she knew much about him. "yup, that's how i am" y/n lazily nodded, slouching her posture in her chair. 

"rin and i are complete opposites though"

"opposite's attract" when y/n said this, hikari smiled at suna but suna didn't realize. instead, he looked over at y/n, trying to find out what she was trying to get at from her words. he also looked down at her hands that resided in her lap. the fidgeting of her fingers catching his attention. her way of distraction when it came to feeling anxious, frustrated, or uneasy. he was hesitant but just as suna was about to reach for her hand, the teacher entered the classroom, making y/n stop her actions. 

"alright everyone! get back to your seats" the teacher said, signifying that she was about to start the day's lesson like usual. hikari stood up and returned to her chair, while suna was snapped out of his daze with a call of his name. "yeah?" he answered, looking over to y/n. "can i borrow a pencil?" she asked, thanking suna when he handed her one of his own. their hands grazed for a slight second but it didn't go unnoticed by either of them. they looked up at each other, locking eye contact for a second before awkwardly looking away and straight ahead at their teacher. 

"what the fuck was that?" 

"i don't know. shut up or I'm taking my pencil back" 

♧♧♧

"samu, when is y/n's birthday?" suna approached the grey haired twin as they were about to leave the classroom. y/n, atsumu, and hikari had already left to get to the cafeteria before someone would take their seats. "(insert birthday)" osamu informed, making suna nod. "that's a week from now, right?" suna pulled his phone out, checking the calendar app on his phone while also saving the date (secretively, of course). 

"mhm, why?" 

"just asking"

MY BRITHDAY IS TOMOROW SOOO IM WRING A BIRTHDAY CHAPTER SOON :D 

ANYWAYS THAUR, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPERR

it was kinda short so I'll make up for it in the next one. TY FOR READING, VOTE FOR MORE CHAPTEROOSS :]