Chapter Six: Memories

It was raining again. Rose was looking for Jay, she was panicking. Did he die? Well he couldn't but something happened to him? She looked at every alley, every roof, every abandoned building. She couldn't find him no matter where. She looked around. Nothing. She sat down and hugged her legs. Is her friend really gone from that fall? No it wouldn't happen, it couldn't. She looked around the alleyway one more time and there was a body there. Rose was shocked, how did she miss that? She quickly ran over to the body to see who it was.

Jay... it was Jay. She shook him awake. Nothing happened. She continued shaking the unconscious boy, Nothing happened. She started to tear up as she shook him one last time. N O T H I N G H A P P E N E D. Rose put her head on his chest for a heartbeat. Nothing. Lifeless. Hollow. She was getting emotional. She just sat there...

...

It was dark, the void. Jay sat on the floor and looked impatient. The inky apparition was standing there. It looked like Jay himself. Just gray skin, red eyes and black hair. It wore the red sweater with the black stripe from going to his left shoulder down to his right side of his waist. Black ripped jeans and sneakers. Of course the apparition had the fluffy mullet hairstyle, Jay was getting annoyed.

"Ya done? Can I go back?" he asked. The apparition walked to Jay closer and grabbed him by the collar. "And here comes the painful part". He thought and was slammed into the ground which shattered. But this time was different. It was water, he got slammed into water. Normally it'd slam him on the ground and he'd woken up instantly. Looking around, the water was something he could breathe in. It was confusing. He felt like something or someone was watching him. When that thing felt closer he turned around and it instantly ate him.

...

Jay gasped and woke up. He started coughing. He groaned in pain. Rose's eyes widened and hugged him tightly

"Why is a short demon hugging me?". He asked and got punched in the face hard,

"OW! Bitch!". Rose crossed her arms. "The next time you go on a stupid suicide mission or fall off a high place, I'm not saving your ass!". She pouted as she was genuinely worried for him. He looked at the small demon.

"I'm sorry for making you worried,". He said and gave her a soft smile.

"Aw you care about my feelings.". She joked. His expression went from a smile to an annoyed face. Rose helped the brunette demon get up. To get back at her, Jay lifted his hand to her face and blew the flames into her face.

"JAYDEN!". She yelled and he started running. She chased him.

After a minute of chasing, Rose tackled Jay in which they fell on the ground. He looked at her, she had a smirk of a kid who just insulted their parents and didn't get there but whooped.

"Get the fuck off,". Jay said.

"And if I don't?". She said. Jay glared at her which was enough for her to get off. Jay sat up.

"Hey wanna know something?". She said then got up.

"What? Is it an insult?". Jay said sarcastically.

"You've been holding back,". She said. He looked away. "Back then you would've punched someone in the face, now you're just holding back and getting your ass kicked.". In all honesty, Jay knew she was right. He would've injured Ray badly or killed him back then, but it was different now. And getting his ass kicked was a pain. But she was right.

"You know what Ray saw me as,". He said. Ray saw him as a killer. Rose looked at him. She was thinking. She wanted to help but what to do. She pondered on this thought then realized something.