Chapter 9

Gray's POV:

Natsu, Erza, Lucy, Wendy, and I walked through the halls, returning to our hotel rooms after spending sometime in the pool. Once our rooms were in sight Erza pulled me off to the side.

"Go on and confess to Natsu tonight. It's painful watching the two of you" Erza whispers. The mention of Natsu's name causes me to look over at the pink haired man. I catch him frowning as he stares over at Erza and I. Despite the fact he was frowning seconds before, a blush passes over his cheeks and an expression of embarrassment but also excitement is shown on his face while a smile tugs at his lips. Lastly a look of confidence plasters itself onto is face. What a combination of emotions.

"Maybe..." I whisper back to Erza before continuing on towards Natsu and I's room. I walk into the room not glancing back at the girls as the enter their room, which was confirmed by the sound of their door closing. Seconds after theirs close, our door closes signifying that Natsu and I are alone.

A heavy atmosphere fills the room. I slowly turn around to face Natsu just to see that his attention is focused on the floor.

"Go on and confess to Natsu tonight"

"So-" Natsu and I both say in unison trying to form conversation. We let out a small chuckle before the room falls into silence. Natsu's gaze seemed to focus on anything but me. Whatever he had to say wasn't coming out of him easily so I'll speak up first.

"I have something to tell you"

"Me too"

"I uh-" I cut myself off not knowing how to properly word it. I sit down on the bed letting out a nervous breath. Natsu came over sitting down on the bed, next to me. Despite the times I have seen this version of Natsu; the more quiet Natsu, who listens more, and is calmer, it still is surprising and slightly freaks me out.

Natsu waits patiently for me to continue what I was saying. I gentle hand places itself onto my shoulder, belong to Natsu. I glance up to him and receive a reassuring smile. That gives me the confidence I need to speak my mind.

"I like you, Natsu. I really like you"

The room turns silent once again. The silence weighing heavier than before. I take a risky glance over to Natsu. He seemed surprised but also seemed to have realized my feelings for him before. All my worries floated away when his expression turns into a happy one and he pulls me into a hug, wrapping his arms just below my arms.

"I really like you too"

I hug him back, placing my arms around his waist, pulling him closer. I knew at that moment that I loved Natsu. As I held him in my arms I couldn't have felt like I belonged anywhere else more than I belonged holding him even if I tried. Everything felt still. Like the world had stopped, even just for a moment. I couldn't believe that Natsu liked me back. I feel euphoric and everything felt unreal. I was truly happy in this moment.

I gently pulled back from the hug and locked eyes with Natsu. I found myself getting lost by his olive eyes. I snap myself out of the trance by glancing down to his lips which brought me into a whole new trance. I adverted my eyes back to his and placed a hand on his cheek.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yes"

I slowly lean in, Natsu copies my action. We stop before our lips connect. Our breathe hitting each others faces. I felt so alive. I caressed his cheek with my thumb, softly moving it up and down. I moved my other hand further around his waist. Natsu lifted a hand, placing it on the back of my head. Slightly playing with my hair.

Finally we leaned in, closing our eyes, and our lips connected. The kiss was heavenly. Drastically different than all the other ones we've experienced. It wasn't our first kiss but damn it felt like it. Despite the fact that the kiss lasted for a few seconds, it lasted an entirety to us. We pull back and lean our heads together and open our eyes.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Natsu speaks up.

"As long as you'll be mine"

"I'm cool with that"

I lean back in to kiss my now boyfriend. The kiss just as passionate as the last before it grew heated and turned into a make-out session. Natsu's other hand that was occupied by my hair moved around my neck. In some sense it wasn't lust we were feeling. Rather incredibly passionate. If there was a way to describe it, I would say we wanted to keep the moment going. It felt to strong to just let it pass without bathing in it for a bit.

We pulled back out of breath. We sat for a moment catching our breath and relishing in this feeling.

"When will we tell the others?" Natsu asks

"Let's talk about that tomorrow. I just want to be with you tonight"

Natsu nods before wrapping his arms around my neck and burying his face in the crook of my neck. I let out a sigh as a smile finds its way onto my face. With my arms already loosely wrapped around his waist already I simply tighten the grasp by a bit and kiss his head before leaning mine and against it. I carefully stand up with Natsu in my arms. He's quick to wrap his legs around my waist.

I walk over to the lights, turning them off. Leaving the moon as the only thing illuminating the room. I managed to pull the sheets down a bit so I could place Natsu down on the bed without having to be bothered about getting them out from under him. I lift the sheets up before crawling into bed next to Natsu and letting the sheets fall.

Natsu scoots closer wrapping his arms around my torso and burying his head in my shoulder. One of my hands finds it's way to his hair, while the other loosely wraps around his back. Somewhere along the line somehow our legs became tangled together. Natsu removes his head from my shoulder to kiss me which I happily kissed back. I placed another kiss on his forehead before his head went back to my shoulder.

"Good night" I say softly. A few mumbles come from Natsu which I assume was him saying good night. A smile tugs at my lips before I begin to fall asleep feeling content.