Chapter 4

Grays POV:

Natsu and I stared at the now open door to his house where Erza stood. Behind her was Lucy, Loke, Juvia, and Lyon. I open my mouth to say something but Erza cuts me off.

"Before you say anything these four would like to explain why they are here" Erza says. The group walks into Natsu's house and closes the door behind them. Natsu and I exchange glances as the group stands in front of us.

"We'll start by saying that we are sorry. We didn't want this to happen." Lucy says.

"We were told by a man that we had to assists Lucy and Juvia to break up with the both of you. He said we couldn't go against what he asked or else he would kill the members of both of our guilds and harm our comrade guilds. He forced us to be as cruel as we could. There was nothing we could do but obey what he said" Lyon explains.

"Juvia hopes you can forgive us"

Natsu and I sit in silence for a minute thinking about everything they just said. 'I want to forgive them but what if that means Juvia and I will get back together? Why don't I want that to happen? I love her right? I'll forgive them but not get back together with Juvia. It seems thats the smartest decision for now'

I glance over to Natsu who looks like he's deep in thought. "Can you excuse us for a moment?" I ask. The five nod. I grab Natsu's arm and pull him into his bedroom.

"What do you want to do?" I ask Natsu once the door is closed.

"I want to forgive them but what if they are lying? What if no one forced them to do that and they just wanted to hurt us? What if this is a whole act to earn our trust again and just hurt us again? What if we really are just some play toy to them and they will just continue to mess with us? What if they want to get back together just for their own pleasure? What if-" I cut Natsu off by kissing him.

"They were our family. They would never purposely hurt us. Just because we are forgiving them doesn't mean we get back together with them. I believe that they are truly sorry. How about we forgive them but don't date them again, alright?"

Natsu nods in reply "Yeah that could work. Thank you Gray". Natsu smiles at me and I smile back.

"Let's go give them our answer"

Natsu and I now stand in front of the group once again after leaving his room.

"We forgive you" Natsu says. A big smile forms on Lucy and Juvias faces. A small smile forms on the other threes.

"Gray my love!" Juvia yells while running over to me for a hug. I grab Juvias arms before she's able to hug me.

"Even though we have forgiven you we believe it's best that we don't get back together. I mean Juvia you have Lyon, he's head over heels for you and same with you Lucy. You got Loke" I say. A small pink tint appears of the two female mages.

Juvia nods and steps away from me. Erza then coughs.

"Master inquired if you feel alright with Lucy, Juvia, and Lyon rejoining the guild"

Natsu and I nod.

"Then we'll be on our way" Erza announces already on her way out of the door. The four of us chase after her.

On the walk there Natsu and I trailed behind from the group. The whole walk was silent as we made or way to the guild.

I was so consumed by my thoughts that I didn't notice how quickly we had arrived to the guild hall.

"Master" Erza calls out once the 7 of us entered the guild.

"Ah I see you've returned. So Natsu, Gray how do you feel about Lucy, Juvia, and Loke rejoining the guild? Along with Lyon being welcome to come to the guild hall at any given time" Makarov asks.

"Any friend of mine is welcome to the guild!" Natsu says. Despite his joyful and positive self showing once again, I couldn't help but notice a bit of uncertainty behind Natsu's eyes.

"Then it's settled" Makarov replies "Lucy, Juvia, and Loke welcome back! Let's celebrate!".

Natsu and I watched the guild party from the second floor. Everyone is now allowed on the second floor, it doesn't matter if your S-class or not.

"Well this is a nice but unexpected outcome" I say breaking the silence between us.

"Yeah... um are we still gonna do the uh... thing" Natsu says obviously embarrassed. I knew exactly what he was talking about but I wanted to hear him say it.

"What thing?"

"The whole getting over them thing... the uh friends with benefits thing" Natsu says even more flushed.

I was about to say something before Natsu cut me off.

"We don't have to or anything! If you don't want to then that's fine. Yknow what I should have never said anything just forg-"

I cut Natsu off by saying "It's okay. I do want to do it. As long as your alright with it".

Natsu stares at me for a few seconds before nodding. I smile at him.

"Where do we even sta-"

"Hey! Why are you two standing up there, come join the fun like a real man!" Elfman yells cutting off Natsu's question. I roll my eyes and push myself off the railing.

"We should probably go down. We can talk later" I say. Natsu nods and follows me down the stairs. The second we reach the bottom of the stairs it's like all of Natsu's anxiety just disappeared.

I watched Natsu join in on the brawl between Elfman and Gajeel. I decided to join on the fun which ultimately resulted in getting hit on the head by Erza.

After a few more hours of partying the guild began to empty out as people made their way home.

"Hey flame brain!" I yell over to the fire mage who's currently talking to Gajeel and Mira and having a drinking contest with Cana. Cana is completely wasted while Natsu isn't even tipsy. Natsu is the one person who can beat Cana at a drinking contest because his body temperature burns the alcohol before it can absorb it. Natsu glances over to me before saying something to Gajeel and running over.

"Whats up?" he asks. 

"Almost everyone has left the guild so wanna go?" I reply. Natsu thinks for a moment before running over to Gajeel, Cana, and Mira, probably saying bye before running back over to where I am.

"Lets go!" Natsu says than runs out of the guild.

"Hey ashes wait up!" I shout and begin running after him. 

-With Gajeel, Cana, and Mira-

The trio watched as Gray chased Natsu out of the guild.

"Since when did those two idiots go home together?" Gajeel says more like a statement than a question.

"They're probably going to jerk each other off" Cana replies drunk.

"Say what?!" Gajeel exclaims.

"I don't think they're going to do that but they do certainly like each other" Mira says.

"Wait those two are dating?" Gajeel asks.

"They have yet to realize their feelings towards one another. Just how long do they plan to keep Gratsu from happening" Mira gloomily says. 

"The hell is Gratsu" Gajeel says.

"Geez your dumb!" Cana yells.