Chapter III

Out in the deepest reaches of space, the Imperial expedition to the unknown regions continues. Vargus and Marr sit at a long round table, in a meeting with the Republic and Jedi diplomats.

 Vargus and Marr sit at a long round table, in a meeting with the Republic and Jedi diplomats

Suddenly, on all the screens, an alert beacon flashes. Out of hyperspace appears an unknown fleet of ships, unlike anything the Empire has faced before.

 Out of hyperspace appears an unknown fleet of ships, unlike anything the Empire has faced before

"What is that?" Marr asks the Emperor.

"They're here...finally." Vargus rises.

Imperial soldiers all take battle formation, lining the corridors of the dreadnaught with men incase the ship is boarded. Vargus exits the meeting room and firmly grips his lightsaber with one hand. A squadron of special troopers accompany Vargus. "Everyone! Prepare for attack!"

The Eternal Fleet opens fire on the smaller ships and other dreadnoughts surrounding the main flagship that Vargus and Marr are on. Curiously, their bombardment avoids the flagship.

"Vargus, explain!" Marr demands.

"Don't you see? The threat to the galaxy I spoke of, they're real and they've just arrived. Which means we're all in grave danger." Vargus says. "I started this expedition in the hopes of finding them and striking preemptively, but they came to us. We may be too late, there may be no stopping them now..."

"Don't be ridiculous! You put this fleet together to destroy them! And destroy them we shall!" Says Marr.

"Underestimate them and it will be your own undoing." Vargus warns.

Several pods are jettisoned from the eternal fleet and board the dreadnaught. Vargus ignites his gold and purple blade and enters a fighting stance.

The Republic diplomats exit the meeting room in a fury. "This is a trap!" One of them accuses.

"You presume I'd bombard my own fleet for a shot at some minuscule bureaucrats?" Vargus mocks them. "Your understanding of the situation is troubling."

The soldier to the right of Vargus asks him. "My lord, what are your orders regarding the Republic representatives?"