15

A/N: Who's here?

XXXX

XXXX

Madison slowly peeked her eyes over her book in the library with her bottom lip between her teeth. Her eyes found the junior varsity football player while Kurt watched Finn Hudson talk with a few boys instead of working on their book reports.

"Dylan told me I could give him his jacket back today." Madison voiced her thoughts. "If I wanted."

"Well." Mercedes raised her brows and continued doodling inside her math textbook. "Do you want to?"

"I don't know." Madison admitted, looking at the long sleeves with a small frown. "It's a bit scratchy."

"But it smells like him, right?" Mercedes chuckled. "I wish a boy would give me his jacket."

"Me too." Kurt sighed. "But we're not made for love."

"Don't bring Miss Jones in on that negativity." Mercedes scoffed, poking Kurt's cheek with the back of her pen as he fixed his hair in his travel mirror. "Or Rosebud. She's got a guy interested in her!"

"You think so?" Madison asked, looking between her two friends. "You think he likes me?"

Mercedes nodded and chuckled, "This is the guy that asked you on a date, right?"

"Yeah." Madison hummed, eyes finding Dylan again as he ruffled his hair. She tilted her head and watched him flex his arm to fix his rolled sleeves. "I guess he's nice looking. I think he's got excellent charisma skills in Robotics, and he knows his way around coding the pre—"

"Girl." Mercedes rolled her eyes at Madison's rambling. "You think he's hot. Go talk to him."

"She can't." Kurt chuckled, nodding to the table on the other side of the football players where a few cheerleaders were studying. "Quinn doesn't like Dylan. He accidentally walked into the girl's locker room once, and she's shamed him ever since."

"He was on his phone." Madison numbed in defense. She played with his sleeves once her book was closed. "I still have h-h-h-his jacket."

Kurt's eyes slowly raised to observe Madison. They had been friends for years. It was hard for him not to notice the anxiety growing worse by the day for his best friend. She was having family issues and missed her mother more than ever, with her birthday around the corner. It made sense that Madison was feeling a little anxious about life.

"Go give it to him." Kurt smiled at Madison's nervous eyes. He rolled his eyes and stood up from the table, motioning to his friend. "Come on. I'll go talk to Quinn and distract her from you and Dylan."

"What if he doesn't like me?"

Mercedes grabbed Madison's chair and shoved her out of it toward the table, "Go!"