Captured

Female Orc Ranger x Male Human Reader

"We shouldn't be here," you whined as you rubbed your arms with your hands.

Your friends dragged you out in the freezing cold to see if the rumors are true. They didn't even let you bring a coat. You were wearing a sweater but it wasn't warm enough. You were rubbing your arms as your teeth chattered. The only female in your group, stopped and waited for you to catch up with her.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Besides the fact that I can't feel my face, hands, and feet, I'm great."

She rolled their eyes at your sarcastic answer as you stood walking side by side and was a couple of feet behind the group. She watched you teeth chatter and saw the tips of your fingers, nose, and ears turning red from the coldness. She put her gloved hands into her coat pocket and pulled out a pair of gray mittens. You looked down at her to see what she was doing and saw the pair of mittens in her left hand.

"Take these."

"Thank you"

You took the mittens out of her hand and put them over. They were the perfect fit and you can feel the warmth already. The group of friends ahead of you and her had stopped. Both of you noticed that they were staring at something. Curious, the two of you walked up to them.

"What's wrong-" You stopped mid question as you saw a giant paw print in the snow.

You kneeled down to analyze the paw print. You were the only one in the group that knew how to identify what animal it was from a paw print. That was one of the reasons why your friends dragged you out, which you hated them for because you were in the middle of eating your dinner when they came knocking on your door.

"That has to be a werewolf!" One of your younger friends exclaimed.

It wasn't a werewolf. It's close to the size of a werewolf but this was a bit smaller than a werewolf. You were going to tell your friend that he was wrong but you were cut off before you could get a word out. The "leader" of your group started to tell everyone to keep close and follow him.

You sighed, knowing that no one would believe you since the so-called leader had spoken up. Also, the "leader" is a coward. You stood up as the other men followed their leader. Your female friend stood close to you, not following the leader, even though she is his girlfriend.

"Is it a werewolf?" she asked.

"No," you let out a sigh, "It's something close though."

She looked up at you and you knew that she had questions. She just had that look. You were worried about the group and yourself being out in the snowy forest because the animal that is probably close by is Warg. A giant wolf that Orcs usually ride. So if a Warg is close by, there could be more and there could be Orcs, whom your town isn't on terms with at the moment.

"We should head back home!" You yelled out at the group, making them stop walking.

They turned around and once the leader saw that his girlfriend was next to you, he rushed past the others and sped walked toward the two of you. He stopped once his face was a couple of inches away from yours. His girlfriend put her hand on his chest and told him not to do anything.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you mad all of a sudden?" you asked him as you crossed your arms. He didn't answer your questions and his anger did subside. He did back away as per his girlfriend's request.

"The paw prints aren't from a werewolf," you told them, "They're from a Warg."

Upon hearing the word, Warg, everyone's bodies tensed. You rubbed your arms as you waited to see if anyone would say anything or do anything. Everyone was still tense and wouldn't move. The leader's anger was replaced with paranoia. Finally, his girlfriend spoke up and told everyone that they should go home.