Chapter 13:The Long Weekend Part 2

Chapter 13

"911 What's your emergency?"

"My friend. My friend has been hit by a car. She needs an ambulance..."

Four Hours Earlier

For three straight minutes the hallway was a blend of confusion, discomfort, awkwardness, glares, stares, and of course silence. When eyes would meet flashes of the last encounter would rush through a person's mind. Kendall remembered neon lights flashing, a dark room filled with teens moving in an electric haze, and the petite powerhouse placing herself in his lap dancing seductively.

Audrey remembered the most beautiful house, mansion really she had ever seen. The backdrop for her first body tingling kiss and how a handsome and mystifying young man had interrupted it. This striking stranger had tried to be protective over her.

Bridget remembered the beginning moments of her worst day when a fiery female basically told her she was nothing of importance. Finally the group was broken out of their trance.

Lydia rushed to Bridget and Audrey grasping them into a hug and giving them air kisses. "Surprise ladies! Happy Halloween!" Lydia was dressed as a Grecian goddess. Her dark hair was braided and adorned with a golden leaf crown. She was radiant as usual but her creamy light tone definitely stood out amongst the tanned and dark group in the hallway.

"Lydia what are you doing here?" Bridget said with a gasp. Breath was just coming back into her lungs and her racing heart was slowing to a reasonable rate. She had directed the question to Lydia but she was looking at the other intruders. She didn't really care about the presence of the guy. She didn't know him. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of Veronica Grace. The last time she had seen the statuesque resident mean girl of Ivy Groves, Veronica Grace was harshly minimalizing Bridget's social status. Now Veronica Grace was here in Kendall's home away from school. Here Bridget was the queen and she had to make sure Veronica Grace knew that. Bridget had to show no weakness.

"Well Jaden invited me." Lydia said looking fondly towards Jaden batting her eyes. So all eyes shifted back to Jaden who continued to be oblivious to the simmering drama and eye daggers being sent from various sides of the very cramp entreway.

"Well yeah I hit up Lydia. I haven't see her and Veronica Grace since that one party. That night was too turnt." Jaden elaborated excitedly.

"Yeah we remember." Bridget said sourly. Hopefully she wouldn't be playing babysitter all night.

"And this is" Jaden paused indicating to the strong chocolate covered man who had been quietly standing in the corner for this whole exchange.

"George."Said the controlled man in a voice that lacked emotion. George Smackington had a stern look on his face but his eyes were soft yet striking. They had been staring at Audrey since he walked in but Audrey tried her best not to meet his gaze. She was still unsure of him from their last encounter so she didn't feel compelled to be welcoming towards him. He wasn't helping his case coming here with Veronica Grace.

"That doesn't explain what she is doing here." Bridget said roughly not attempting to hide her contempt for Veronica Grace. Audrey sighed in agreement quietly.

"I was also invited here. Do you have a problem with that Bianca?" Veronica Grace said icily.

"It's Bridget Bitch!" Bridget barked ready to pounce on Veronica Grace. They were both tiny girls but in that moment they looked so fierce you would have thought they were MMA fighters.

"Alright calm down ladies." Kendall said stepping in between them lightly pushing them back from each other. He looked down at Bridget and whispered to her in a serious tone. "Don't fight. Not tonight. Don't let her get in your head."