Chapter 11: Beauty In Every Size Shape and....

AN: Than you to all my readers for being patient with me. This chapter will not have the usually character opening piece. The character will actually end the chapter so I figured I would put my authors note in the beginning.

I am going to try to try to post more frequently even though I have to get used to wattpad's new layout and I am working on so many other thing. Please vote and comment and not just read. Those votes and comments really mean a lot to me and they help to keep me going. Anyway enjoy this chapter I really put my heart into it.

Much Love and kisses ******

Chapter 11

It had been a while since Audrey had cried herself to sleep but that Tuesday night she did. She couldn't shake the striking memories of the afternoon that blended with the heartbreaking scenes of the night. When she finally fell asleep they haunted her dreams as well. She wasn't the only one with a troubled night.

Bridget's stubbornness, which made her stand outside in the cold until Josh picked her up, had resulted in her getting sick. Josh pulled up in front of her house still chattering away, Bridget had pretty much remained silent the entire car ride and Josh took that as an opportunity to turn on his wit and charm. He figured since she called him that meant she still cared about him. Perhaps Bridget did still have underlying feelings for him. But she had buried them deep down somewhere and she planned to put the events of this night there as well, at least until she was clear on what to do about everything. Her mind was racing and she didn't even notice Josh leaning in to kiss her, but his plans for rekindling were thwarted when she released a phlegmy sneeze right in his face.

"I am so sorry." She sniffled but three more sneezes followed in its place. Josh gave her a soft nod while retreating back to his side of the car.

"Don't worry about it." Josh smiled. "Call me later, so we can talk." Bridget silently got out of the car not agreeing to his plea. She didn't want to talk to him. She didn't want to talk to anyone. And this cold allotted her that sanctuary. She could remain bundled in her bed and away from the halls of Ivy Groves filled with students who could care less whether she was there or not. Bridget downed a bottle of night time cold medicine and let the effects take her into a deep slumber. It made it easier to ignore Audrey's calls if she was not awake to hear the phone ring.

Audrey still hadn't spoken to Bridget but she went to the front door of her house anyway to pick her up for school. She rang the doorbell and was disappointed when Bridget and Briana's mother, Diane answered the door.

"Hi Mrs. Diane. Is Bridget ready for school?" Audrey tried to feign a smile but it didn't reach her eyes. She was too exhausted to pretend to be happy.

"Oh Audrey honey Bridget is sick. I was just about to call the head office at Ivy Groves to tell them. If you could bring her assignments for the day when you come home from school that would be greatly appreciated." Diane Jackson had already come up with a plan to make sure Bridget stayed on schedule for classes. She had no clue that part of Bridget's illness was emotional and that at this point Bridget could care less about Spanish, US History, English or any of her other classes

"Yeah, sure I will text her when I'm on my way home" Audrey said it with a high level of hope that after a day at home Bridget would actually respond back. She said her farewells to Mrs. Jackson and began the long drive to school. The morning radio shows acted as background noise to her journey as the whole thing felt like a blur and while sitting in her first class she was still not sure how she got there. Lydia approached her while they were both heading to second period, AP French.

"I heard Bridget isn't in school today." Lydia chirped as she fell into stride with Audrey. Lydia was doing her usual runway glide while Audrey was slumping. You would never guess they were around the same height as Lydia was proud of her height and Audrey despised it.