Round 7 - Brown Belt: 27 July to 10 August

As always, some updates from the previous round

Congratulations to the 37 brave fighters that participated and successfully completed their Purple Belt Round.

The usernames will be shared on the message board, as per usual, and those individuals can expect their stickers via private message before the end of Round 7.

Round 7 - Brown Belt: 27 July to 10 August

Brown represents the ripening of the seed, a maturing and harvesting process. A brown belt is an advanced student whose techniques are beginning to mature, and he is beginning to understand the fruits of his hard work as a beginner.

The pressure is rising and so is the word count, do you still have what it takes?

Prompt: Write a 2k-word one-shot. The prompt is open, as in anything action-packed, all we want to see are these three things incorporated into the story:

A betrayal no one saw coming.

The Words: " Building trust is the first step in the perfect betrayal."

And lastly, end with a big old cliffhanger. Use THIS article to help.

Guidelines:

> Word count must be between 1900 (min) and 2000 (max).

> Make sure your story has all three of the elements listed above, especially the cliffhanger.

> You can use any genre as long as you have elements of action in there.

> Fanfic is allowed.

> Yes, you can use the same characters from previous rounds, or you can use new ones. We judge each entry separately and not as a series.

> Swearing and violence are not considered mature, please read the guidelines linked in the first chapter.

Submit your entry via this >> Submission Form

Deadline: 10 August 2023 at midnight EST

Consult the first chapter for more guidelines and FAQs.