Introduction, Guidelines, and Schedule

Welcome to Write To Rank 2023!

We hope to see many new brave writers and, of course, our veterans—our black belt writers from the previous year!

Do you have what it takes to go toe to toe with the best action writers in the arena?

All you have to do is Fight to climb the ranks—and survive.

There will be nine (9) rounds in total. Each time you complete a round you will earn a belt. The level of difficulty will increase with each passing round, and you will have to fight harder for your next belt.

Can you complete all nine (9) rounds and earn your black belt in action writing?

Get Ready for the Fifth Edition of W2R.

Long-time participants (a.k.a. Our black belts and veterans) are welcome to help answer questions, to offer guidance or mentorship, and/or encourage new recruits to participate.

 Our black belts and veterans) are welcome to help answer questions, to offer guidance or mentorship, and/or encourage new recruits to participate

Schedule:

This is a big challenge that will run over 4 months.

Orientation: 29 May to 5 June 2023 - Check out the guidelines and add this to your library to make sure you are ready for each round! Got any questions? Check out the FAQ and ask before we kick things off!

Each round will have its own closing date and unique creative prompt:

Round 1 - White Belt: 6 June to 12 June (100 words)

Round 2 - Yellow Belt: 13 June to 19 June (500 words)

Round 3 - Orange Belt: 20 June to 26 June (800 words)

Round 4 - Green Belt: 27 June to 6 July (1.2k words)

Round 5 - Blue Belt: 7 July to 16 July (1.2k words)

Round 6 - Purple Belt: 17 July to 26 July (1.2k words)

Round 7 - Brown Belt: 27 July to 10 August (2k words)

Round 8 - Red Belt: 11 August to 25 August (3k words)

Round 9 - Black Belt: 26 August to 15 September (5k to 10k words)