Chapter 19 - What's Next?

[Word count - 728]

A few months later...

Location - Hikawa/(L/N) Residence, Living Room

Your POV

It's been a few months since I got married to Sayo, and I'm proud to say that I am living my best life, too. After the wedding, we did have a honeymoon on a cruise ship, and after that, we decided to take it easy.

But when the honeymoon ended, I kept thinking... what do we do next? There was the idea of having kids, but I don't know how Sayo feels about it. It almost feels I have ran into a brick wall at this point.

"You okay?"

I looked over and saw the concern look on Sayo's face, who was sitting close to me.

"Oh, yeah, I was just thinking about something?" I said.

"Really? What were you thinking about?" Sayo asked.

"About what should we do next..." I replied.

"I see. Well, there isn't a lot we can do now. After all, I am at law school now, trying to be a lawyer." Sayo said.

"Yeah, and I have a full time job of working at the music shop now." I said.

"That is true."

"I just wish there was something fun we can do, at least one last time, you know?"

"I understand where you're coming from, but at our age, it's easier said than done."

"Well, you're not wrong."

After a moment of silence, I heard a stomach growling, and... it turns out that it was my stomach that was growling.

"Oh, are you hungry?" Sayo asked.

"Yeah, I guess I am." I said.

"I am, too." She replied. "How about we go eat somewhere to eat?"

"Yeah, good idea."

And with that, Sayo and I headed out of the house and to the restaurant to have a nice, relaxing meal.
_____________________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Shopping District

"That was probably the best lunch I've had in ages." I said as I walked out of the local restaurant while holding Sayo's hand.

"Yeah, it was... something." She replied, blushing a little bit.

"What's wrong? Did you not have a good time?" I asked.

"Of course I did." Sayo said, trying to make me feel better. "It's just... well..."

I knew what Sayo was talking about. There were some people who were watching us at the restaurant. They recognize Sayo from that nationwide tour Roselia had a long time ago. And I can tell all of that made Sayo very uncomfortable, so I did my best to distract from all of that, but question was... how?

While walking through downtown, I noticed something one of the stores we've past. It was a poster for a special event that was happening next month. I stopped walking to look at it, and that's when Sayo noticed, too.

"Hey, what are you looking at?" She asked.

"This poster right here." I said and pointed towards it.

Sayo looked at it and read it out loud.

"The Guitarist Festival."

"Yeah, and according to this, two guitarist are going to show up and perform in front of everyone."

"Interesting..."

"It's not as interesting as it sounds..." An unknown voice said.

Sayo and I looked behind us, and saw one of the old ladies from the downtown area. She had a sad expression on her face.

"What do you mean? Did something happen?" I asked.

"Well, the guitarists who was supposed to be here got sick and had to cancel at the last minute."

Sayo and I were speechless, and felt sorry for them.

"Now I don't know who can take over for the festival. Maybe I should just cancel it..."

That's when Sayo decided to make a decision.

"Ma'am, may I suggest something?" She asked.

"Oh, what is it?"

"My twin sister and I are guitarists, so would be possible for us to take their place?" She asked.

The lady thought about it for a moment before smiling at my wife.

"I will talk to the community center and see what they think." She said.

"Thank you very much." Sayo said while bowing politely.

If this goes well, then Sayo and Hina are going to perform together in a festival. That'll be a sight to behold.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)