Chapter 14 - Shocking News

[Word count - 810]

A few months later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

The Hikawa twins and I started our new university lives for a few months now, and we will like the workload is starting to get to us already. Well, for Sayo and I at least. Hina just makes the college work look so easy. It's almost unfair at this point.

As mentioned before, Sayo and Hina both go to Kehio Women's University, and I go to Starlight University. The problem with Starlight University is that it's not exactly within travel distance. I always make sure to leave the house super early, and by the time I get back home, it'll be super late into the night. I know the best decision would be to move into a house that is closer to the university itself. However, the house my mom and I are at is a little closer to Sayo's place, and... after everything she and I went through, I refuse to be away from her. 

However, my mom began to notice this, and when she came into my room while I was studying for an upcoming test, she gave me some shocking news. 

"Son, I need to talk to you about something." She began. 

"Hm? What's up?" I asked.

"I've been noticing that the travel distance between here and Starlight University hasn't exactly been the best." She said. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right..." I said, sighing a little bit in defeat. 

"I had a feeling you'll agree with me, and so, I made a decision, but I feel like you're not going to like it." 

"Umm, okay, what is it?" I asked my mother as I got ready for the worst. 

My mom took a deep breath before talking again.

"I hate to do this to you, but I think the best option is move somewhere closer to Starlight University." She said.

Yep, it's exactly what I thought she was going to say.

"Move... away?" I slowly asked.

"Yeah. You leaving the house as early as possible isn't going to do you good anymore. So if we were to move somewhere closer to your university, it'll make things easier for you." My mom explained.

Yep, I had a feeling it was going to be like that... But the reason why I didn't say anything was because I didn't want to be away from Sayo. I guess it seems like my own mother doesn't care about that.

"So... when will be moving?" I asked.

"I think the best time for us to move is when autumn vacation rolls around again." She said. "It probably wouldn't do you any good we moved right now."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

My mom eventually left my room and I went to go back to studying, or... tried to, at least. The idea of moving is starting to bother me a little bit. While I do think it'll be easier, I hate to think how Sayo will react to this.
_____________________________________________

That evening...

Finally, I was done with all of my studying for the day. I was glad that I was able to get it all done before I could go to sleep. Since I had some time before I could go to bed, I decided to pull out my phone call Sayo. I was more surprised that she answered right away.

"Hey handsome, I was hoping to hear you from you today." She said.

"Hey beautiful." I said, smiling on the phone. "Sorry I couldn't call you sooner, I had my face stuck in my textbooks."

"Hey, don't worry about it." The assuring Sayo said to me. "You told me you had an important test coming up, right?"

"Yeah, I do." I said.

"Then I'd say you did the right thing."

"You think so?"

"Yep. Let me know how it goes, okay?"

"Hehe, you'll be the first to know."

Sayo and I chatted for a while on the phone. We even talked about meeting up this weekend, and going out for lunch. Not once, have I brought up about me moving away. I guess apart of me is scared on what she'll say. Sayo did most of the talking, but she eventually noticed that I didn't respond to her.

"Hey, are you still there?" She asked.

"Huh? Oh, don't worry, I'm here." I replied.

"Is everything ok?" Sayo asked.

I guess this is it. I'll have to tell her the truth.

"Actually, I do have something to tell you." I said. "I was hoping to not bring it up with you, but I might as well come clean about it."

"Come clean about what?"

"Sayo, I'm moving away..."

"Wait, what?!"

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)