Chapter 5 - Entering The Present

Present time...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Studio Room

Your POV

As of now, a whole year as gone by since Sayo has made amends with me. At first, I was really expecting her to hate me even more, but from what I was told, Hina basically encouraged her to talk to me. Oh well, regardless of the reason, I was just happy that she and I are hanging out again, and we're closer than ever. I still have feelings for her, but I never bothered to bring it up because I didn't want to repeat the drama all over again.

As I said at the start, it's been a whole year since Sayo and I started hanging out again. She, Hina and I became third years at our respective schools. Sayo even encouraged me to work at Live House CiRCLE so I could be around Roselia more. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I decided to give it a chance.

During one of Roselia's rehearsals sessions, they were going over the set list for their next show. They wanted me to be nearby, so I could provide my two cents to them. However, it did felt like this could go on for a while, and at some point, I was starting to fall asleep on the chair I was sitting on. Sayo saw this, and came over to me.

"Are you tired (Y/N)-kun?" She asked.

"Yeah, maybe a little bit." I replied.

"Well, Marina-san has been putting you to work a lot lately, so I can't blame you for feeling tired." Yukina said.

"You know, it is getting a bit late. Maybe it's about time we call it a night?" Lisa suggested.

"Yeah... I think we should." Rinko said.

"Hey, Rin-rin, let's play some NFO when we get home." Ako said.

"Sure... The new event... is today, isn't it?"

After coming to an agreement, the Roselia girls headed out of the studio room, then CiRCLE altogether. As I followed them out, Marina, aka my boss, made eye contact with me.

"(Y/N)-san, I would like to borrow you for another 30 minutes before you go home." She said.

"Oh, is there more work that needs to be done?" I asked.

"That's right... If you don't mind helping me, I would really appreciate it." She said.

"I don't mind staying a bit longer." I said, but then I looked towards Sayo.

"Are you sure you gonna be okay?" She asked.

"I'll be okay." I told her. "Just get yourself home and I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Very well. Goodnight."

Sayo walked out of CiRCLE, and as soon as she was out of sight, Marina spoke to me.

"You really do like Sayo-chan, don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do. Those feelings I had from when we were in junior high never felt." I said as I placed my hand over my heart.

"Why not tell her how you feel?" Marina asked. "I'm sure she'll feel the same way about you."

"I don't think I can do that..."

"And why is that?"

"Me having feelings for her was the reason why she pushed me away in the first place." I said. "Even though we're passed that, I'm just scared of losing her again."

"I see." Marina said before going continuing. 

"Well, I might not know a lot about what happened, but keep in mind that you two are high school students now. I'm sure there might come a day where Sayo-chan will appreciate you even more than before."

Maybe Marina does have a point, but all the same, what would happen if I told Sayo how I felt again...?
______________________________________

Meanwhile...

Location - Hikawa Residence, Living Room

Sayo's POV

This is the first time in a while that I was walking home alone. I would usually be with Hina or (Y/N). But I know that (Y/N) is stuck at CiRCLE for a bit longer, and I know that Hina is finishing her work with Pastel*Palettes soon. When I got home, I found my mother on the couch.

"Welcome home, Sayo." She said and smiled at me.

"Thanks. Glad to be home." I said and removed my shoes.

"Did you have a chance to eat dinner yet?" She asked.

"Not yet. After rehearsals, I just came straight home." I replied.

"Good thing I made something for you and Hina then." She said. "Make sure to heat it up though."

"I will."

I headed over to the dining room and began to heat the dinner my mother made for me. However, I started to space out a bit and began to think about (Y/N). But I quickly stopped myself.

"Weird... why was I thinking about him?" I asked myself.

"By the way, Sayo..." My mother called out to me. "How is (Y/N)-kun? Is he doing okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, he is doing okay." I replied.

"That's good. I heard he got a job over at the live house you go to, right?"

"Exactly. I thought he might like the idea of helping us improve as a band."

"Looking out for your number one friend, huh? That is so sweet of you." 

"My number one friend... got it." I said and started eating.

My mother is right. (Y/N) and I are just friends, nothing more, nothing less. But all the same, why do I feel so weird about it?

To be continued

A/N: If you been following me for a while, then you probably figured out why the next chapter took so long to update.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hoped you guys liked it, and I'll see you next time. :)