08: Candler Road: 1|2

Ashley

"C'mon! Girl where have you been!" I whirled around to see Troian and Jasmine making their way to me. We all hugged and I laughed, shaking my head. "I've been outta town trying to get some things finalized."

"Finalized? What'chu mean finalized? Like what would there be to finalize? Girl, don't try and tell me-"

"Troy hush!" Jasmine pushed her softly, giggling.

"Well c'mon, Ash! What's got you trying to create so much suspense all of a sudden? You know your loud ass would've already told us now!"

"Fine." I sighed before grinning, flashing out three passports. "We're going to the Palisades."

If I could only begin to describe to you the pain I felt that was surging through my right leg, you'd tell me to stop after it was too late. I was being pulled in and out of a rather solid black darkness, as was my breath being pulled in and out of my lungs in slow, labored huffs. Kari took a bullet to my right leg. "To make sure you don't try anything that could cost you your life." Five minutes after the bullet went through my leg, it began to feel extremely cold in the room and blood.. there was so much blood. I hadn't seen Sasha and Bianca since I woke up, and an empty feeling hit my stomach at the possibility of Kari doing the unimaginable to them.

Kari came back after a while, and I stopped breathing. She crouched down to grab my face and brought it to hers. "You disgusting bitch." She shoved my face away and I winced as she rose up. Looking over at the window, she continued.

"Y'know, I don't know how bitches like you think you can just come in and homewreck the sturdiest, everlasting relationships!" She laughed to herself, "it amazes me. Two people will have the greatest bond, the strongest connection.. and just like that someone will come in and take it all away from you without looking back.

"How could someone be so selfish? Never thinking of the aftermath, never thinking of maybe someone coming back to claim what's theirs. Well let me tell you something, Ashton."

"Ashley—"

"Some people don't go down without a fight." She pointed the gun at my forehead. As pitiful as it sounds, the threat didn't scare me, for I knew a spot was waiting for me in heaven. Instead, my eyes flashed with anger, and I snarled my lip at her before talking.

"Lemme tell you one thing before I touch on how incredulous it is that you really walked among the population for this long going unnoticed for having psychological issues."

"Oh stop, you're flattering me." Kari chuckled, waving the gun at me in a shooing gesture.

"I don't homewreck houses that have already been destroyed. Kari, Donald had—and still has—all the opportunity in the world to continue living his life with you if he wanted. However, considering he didn't look too pleased to see you, I'd say you fucked up one place or another. And who said I was homewrecking you and Donald's imaginary relationship? I just met the guy tonight.

"But let me say my final bit before you decide to kill me, Kari. You're doing nothing but pissing me off, waving a gun around my head as if you're gonna silence me with threats to blow my fucking head off. Do it. You can give me the gun and I'll gladly do it myself. I've witnessed a couple of family members being shot in the head, the mouth, the heart. Do it, Kari. I'm dying one way or another regardless." I motioned towards my leg, "Make my day, you disgusting bitch." I lifted my head, matching her burning glare with my icy one. The stare off seemed to last forever, and I almost prayed she go ahead and make the decision to kill me so I wouldn't have to suffer with this damn leg anymore.