Yes or No

3rd person pov:

Cheng was very anxious since he hadn't heard any news about how Lu's operation was going. And he didn't know how Qiao was. His thoughts were interrupted by an officer who had brought him some takeout.

"Here I brought you some takeout. Officer Chen should be here soon."

'This is my chance to ask about Lu!' Cheng thought to himself...

"W-wait!"

"Hm?" The officer turned around to face him.

"How is Lu doing? And how is his condition??"

The officer didn't hesitate to answer. "He died. The operation was a failure." And with that, he left.

Cheng started to cry as he ate. He was having flashbacks of all of the memories he had with Lu...

'Why...why did it have to be him?!' He was left alone to mourn his best friend's death.

~ Time Skip to when Officer Chen arrives ~

"O-officer Chen!"

"Hah, sorry for being so late. Something came up. Now then, let's get going."

"Where to?"

"To see Lu...the other officer told you, right?"

Cheng just shook his head 'yeah..'

Cheng couldn't believe that Lu was gone...how could he let this happen? He stayed silent for most of the car ride, the only time he spoke was when Officer Chen's wife called to ask when he was coming home.

They finally reached the hospital where Lu was said to be. They made their way to his room and once they were there, Cheng couldn't help but let his tears fall once more...

Officer Chen opened the door and Cheng saw . . .

"Y-you're alive!?!?"

Lu, Qiao, and Captain Xiao looked at me, not surprised.

"What? Did I disappoint you? Next time I'll die for real then" Lu rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"I- Well-! They told me you had died! Officer Chen!?"

Officer Chen just chuckled "I really thought you knew, since you kinda...said you did know."

"W-well I thought you meant if I knew he died, the officer told me so!"

Captain Xiao seemed to have gotten annoyed, "I told everyone to say that Lu had died, I didn't want word getting out. So obviously the officer had to lie to you."

Cheng just stared in disbelief, but inside he was very happy. Happy that he didn't lose Lu...he wouldn't know what to do if he ever did..

Captain Xiao finally started to get serious. "We know that the culprit has the ability to control others. Lu, do you think that you can check through Liu Min's photos? There may be some clues in them."

Office Chen gave Lu the phone in the plastic bag, Lu nodded.

"Don't force yourself too much, you just had surgery." Qiao cautioned Lu.

"She's right, try not to overdo it." Cheng agreed.

Just when Lu was about to use his power to check the photos, they all saw that the phone belonged to Officer Chen. They all looked to his direction only to find him gone. Captain Xiao ran out the room to try and find him. Cheng was gonna follow, but turned around and saw a hallucination of when the controlled Qiao stabbed Lu. He debated whether to stay or go...after a few seconds he made up his mind...