𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾, 𝖻𝖾𝗇'𝗌 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖽𝖺𝗍𝖾

( 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾 — 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾 )

"I'm so excited." Riley grinned as she gushed over Danny's game that was coming up. "I can't believe I'm finally gonna get to see you play in a pro game after all these years."

Bonnie chuckled awkwardly. "Whereas I have never missed one."

The Wright siblings watched amused as Danny didn't acknowledge what his mother had said and turned to Riley. "Really wish you could have come up to Calgary."

"I was there, Danny." Charlotte then muttered awkwardly, waving him off through a dramatic cry. "But it's fine. One best friend wasn't enough for you. I'm fine."

"There every week." Bonnie chimed in once again with awkward smile.

"Well, I know it was a little traumatic for you, but I for one am very glad you got traded." Riley commented, this earning a confused look from the Wheeler mother.

"Traumatic?" The blonde-haired woman raised her brows in question before waving them off with a shrug. "No, players get traded for all kinds of reasons. I don't care what the reporter said."

"What reporter?" Danny questioned.

This making Riley scoff in return. "Oh. The one who said the only thing worse than your skating is— all kinds of reasons. I'm gonna get something to eat."

"Ooh, food!" Tommy gasped before jumping out of Charlotte's arms who was sat beside Bonnie on the couch before following Riley over to the kitchen.

Danny sighed. "Can we please go over the list now?" He asked, turning to Charlotte and his mother. "Everything's got to be perfect."

"And it will be, honey." Bonnie sighed, reassuring her son. "Mom's got it covered."

"You've got my extra long laces from Gordon's? My mouth guard still in the package?" Danny questioned, going over the list. "And you're gonna press my socks?"

"The iron is already on. Oh, my god. Did I leave the iron on?" Bonnie asked herself, making Charlotte chuckle.

Tommy and Riley returned from the kitchen with a tub of turkey breast, the four-year old leaving the piece of meat between his lips as he sat back on Charlotte's lap, listening to Riley who went on about Danny's superstitions.

Charlotte looked at Riley with wide-eyes. "Wait. Do you remember that rank jersey that he used to wear in high school—" The Wright girl cut herself off with a gag, coughing from the new terrible smell that Danny had brought in by lifting up that exact jersey Charlotte had mentioned.