𝗍𝗐𝗈, 𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗈𝗎𝗍

( 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈 — 𝗂 𝗍𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝗈 )

It hadn't been long since Charlotte had finished her shift at the hospital that morning before she received an urgent message from Ben, telling her to come down to the bar.

"Hey there, Ben. You do realise I just finished my shift not that long ago, right?" The brown-haired girl pointed out, reminding Ben who stood behind the bar with Emma seated on the countertop. "But apart from that, is everything okay?"

"Yeah she's fine." Ben responded. "Though I should remind you, complete stranger, that we're not a daycare center." He sighed at Charlotte's baffled expression before leaning down to whisper. "I'm five minutes away from getting fired if anyone finds out she's really my baby. I've been telling my boss the mom's outside smoking for the last hour."

"I do have my own brother-child to look after, you know?" Charlotte reminded before looking down in front of her. "And double margarita, rocks. Really? So, apparently, I'm a bad mom with a drinking problem."

Charlotte sighed. "Oh, what the hell. It's been a long shift." She shrugged her shoulders before taking the glass of margarita and putting it to her mouth.

"I know, I'm sorry." Ben sighed. "I just have to get this right. Don't worry, Emma. Daddy will figure this out."

"Don't worry, Ben." Charlotte began to say as the boy turned to face her. "I know you can do this, you just have to believe you can. Remember, I was in your position when Tommy was born and look at me, now."

The Wheeler boy smiled. "Thank you, Charlie—"

Ben cut himself off when a brown-haired girl who he recognised, smiled at him as she walked through the door. "And I'll be right back. Can you watch Emma for a sec?"

"Wow. Wouldn't have pegged her for a parenting expert." The Wright girl said sarcastically upon noticing Ben's action who grinned instantly, leaning closer to her, explaining. "Please. Her name's Chloe. She comes in every Saturday for crab cakes. And if you've ever had ours, you'd know that's not why she's really here."

The Wheeler boy turned towards the door, just in time to see Riley come in with his mother following behind her, and immediately, he threw a small cloth over the baby.

"Hey, Benji." Bonnie greeted her son as Riley slipped onto the stool beside Charlotte. "Has anyone seen Emma?" She gasped, looking down at the carrier, lifting the cloth off as she spoke with sarcasm. "Oh, there she is. Oh, wow, you're right. She really is a good hider."

"Mom." Ben called out to the woman who went on, continuing. "I guess I missed out on the part of the plan where she hangs out with the bar snacks. Oh, no, there's a baby in my beer nuts."