school play 🌸

This is a request for -txms-! Also I just realized that I've been writing a lot of fluff oneshots recently. I guess I don't really have that many angst ideas lol. Also, I wasn't sure what play to go with, so I went with Romeo and Juliet. I know, I know, it's cliché, but still. I hope you enjoy!

y/n: your name

l/n: your last name

c/n: crush's name

c/l/n: crush's last name

h/c: your hair color

e/c: your eye color

s/c: your skin color

c/h/c: crush's hair color

c/e/c: crush's eye color

c/s/c: crush's skin color

b/f/n: best friend's name

b/f/l/n: best friend's last name

You stand in the back of the stage, fidgeting with your dress. It has a tight bodice and is scratchy. You sigh and lean back against the wall, waiting for your cue.

Finally, it's your turn to go on stage. You make your appearance and run through your part as perfectly as you can, so that rehearsal will end as quickly as possible. You want to go home and watch television, and besides, there's no point in staying because c/n is absent today, so you won't be able to practice...

the kiss.

Yes. The kiss. You are playing Juliet in your school play, and c/n is playing Romeo. You've had a crush on him for the longest time, and when you heard that he was auditioning for the school play as well, you prayed that he would get cast as Romeo. And he did. And now you're slightly regretting it, because whenever the two of you are on stage together, your heart beats a mile a minute, and you stumble over your lines. 

You two haven't even practiced the kiss yet. Your theater teacher is more focused on the delivery of the cast's lines, and the prop timing. He seems to think that a simple peck is something that you and c/n can just improvise, but you're dying to get to kiss him at a couple of rehearsals.

But, again, he isn't here today, so you just want to go home. You're already doing perfect at all of your lines, anyway, so sometimes you feel bored at rehearsal.

After rehearsal, you meet b/f/n in the hallway outside the theater. She's playing Lady Montague, Romeo's mother. She's already wiped off all of her stage makeup and changed into her comfortable clothing.

"Hey," she greets you. She gives you a wink. "Missing c/n?"

You shove her lightly. "Shut up," you mumble, but you're smiling. "Let's just go," you say, grabbing her by the elbow. "I want to go home. I'm tired."

"He's here today," b/f/n whispers to you as the two of you eat lunch in the cafeteria. She jerks her chin towards a group of guys a couple of tables away.

You turn your head. C/n is sitting at the table with his friends, laughing. As if he can sense your gaze, he turns his head, his eyes meeting yours. He gives you a warm smile, and your face grows hot. You give him a small smile back and immediately look away.

"You can't hold eye contact for the life of you, can you?" b/f/n asks, smirking at you. (I literally can't maintain eye contact. It's so hard).

You roll your eyes. "Whatever. Just hurry up and eat so we're not late to class."

After all of your classes, you meet b/f/n backstage in the theater. She smirks at you when she sees you.