insecure 🌸

y/n: your name

l/n: your last name

c/n: crush's name

c/l/n: crush's last name

h/c: your hair color

e/c: your eye color

s/c: your skin color

c/h/c: crush's hair color

c/e/c: crush's eye color

c/s/c: crush's skin color

b/f/n: best friend's name

b/f/l/n: best friend's last name

Sorry if this one is kind of short! Thanks for reading :)

You tug at a string on your bikini bottom. It pulls off, leaving the clothing piece completely smooth. You cross your arms over your chest and stare at yourself in the mirror, eyeing your black bikini top and matching bottoms. 

Maybe I should just wear that one piece, you think to yourself. You sigh when you remember that b/f/n had practically begged you to wear this, so you two could have matching swimsuits.

"It'll be adorable for pictures!" she had said, shoving the swimsuit towards you. Then she winked. "And c/n is going to love it."

Now, you're regretting accepting the swimsuit. But you had put it on anyway, just to see what it looked like on you. Despite how cute the swimsuit is, you can't help but feel insecure about the way you look (all of you are beautiful, this is just for the scenario!).

Your phone rings. It's b/f/n.

"Hey! Are you almost ready?" she asks. "We're five minutes away from you."

You, b/f/n, c/n, and a couple of your other friends are driving to a nearby pool that has recently opened up. It's supposed to be one of the nicest pools in your country!

"Yeah," you say.

"Is something wrong?" b/f/n asks, seemingly picking up on the hesitant note in your voice.

"N-no," you stammer. "I'm fine."

You and b/f/n hang up. You grab a pair of jean shorts from your closet and a gray tank top to use as your bikini coverup. Lastly, you grab a small tote bag and put your sunscreen, sunglasses, and wallet inside.

You hear b/f/n's car pull up in the driveway. You head outside and smile at the people filling the van. B/f/n opens the back door, and you find yourself seated in the very back, next to c/n. Of course.

"Hey," you greet, offering him a small smile.

He grins at you. "Nice swimsuit," he says, eyeing your shorts and tank top.

"Oh, this is just a coverup," you say. You can't help but blush at the way he's looking at you. You're about to say something else, but b/f/n starts to blast some of her music, making it impossible for you and c/n to speak. So you two just smile shyly at each other and spend the rest of the car ride sitting in amicable silence.

When you get to the pool, you're surprised at how big it is. It has three main pool areas, four waterslides, two large hot tubs, and, best of all, it isn't completely overrun by screaming children.

"This is going to be so fun," b/f/n practically squeals. Once you're both out of the car, she grabs your hand and shakes it excitedly. "Our pictures are going to come out great!"

You smile, but feel slightly guilty, as you're still not sure whether or not you're going to end up taking your swimsuit coverup off. But you follow her, and the others, as they head towards the pool.