a cruel prank 🌸

y/n: your name

l/n: your last name

c/n: crush's name

c/l/n: crush's last name

h/c: your hair color

e/c: your eye color

s/c: your skin color

c/h/c: crush's hair color

c/e/c: crush's eye color

c/s/c: crush's skin color

b/f/n: best friend's name

b/f/l/n: best friend's last name

Hi! This will just be a collection of oneshots about you and your crush! If there's any specific scenario you'd like to see, please let me know! And also if you have time please check out my other works! I hope you enjoy :)

You stand staring up at the sprawling brick building of your high school, Grovewood High. You tuck a strand of your h/c hair behind your ear, sighing as you start to ascend the steps into the school.

Just another day of being nobody, another day of being a girl that flies under the radar, another day of being a girl that no one notices.

Another day of being a ghost that c/n can't see.

At least you have b/f/n, even if she's been spending most of her time lately with her new boyfriend.

Speaking of b/f/n, you spot her waving to you through the throng of people heading into the school. You wave at her, and she comes over to walk into the school with you.

"How was your weekend, y/n?" she asks. She winks at you. "Spend all day thinking about c/n?"

The truth was, you had spent your entire weekend daydreaming about your crush. You just had too much dignity left to admit it.

"No, b/f/n. I barely thought about him at all." You roll your eyes. "Now let's get to first period before Mr. Haverford has an aneurysm."

Mr. Haverford does look dangerously close to having an aneurysm after you and b/f/n walk in a mere minute after the bell rings.

"Miss l/n, Miss b/f/l/n, how kind of you to grace the class with your presence. Please, find your seats, or would you like a royal escort to guide you there?" he sneers. The entire class laughs; your s/c skin heats up.

And the worst part is, even c/n is laughing, elbowing his buddies in the back of the classroom. Your eyes meet for a fraction of a second, and then he looks away, his own gaze settling on Grace Parker as she tells a joke. A joke, it seems, that you are the punchline for, as her blue eyes land on your e/c ones. She smirks, and you blush, looking down at your black Converse.

"Come on, y/n, let's sit down." B/f/n grabs your hand and tugs you into your usual seat. You spend the rest of the class doodling stars in your notebook, replaying your embarrassing entrance again and again in your mind.

Finally, after what seems like eons, the bell rings. You gather up your notebook and slide it into your backpack.

"Moron," Grace Parker whispers into your ear as she glides past you. Tears spring, unbidden, to your eyes; you shrug your backpack on and make a beeline for the girls' restroom.

Tucked away in the last stall, you allow the tears to fall from your e/c eyes. You use your arm to cover up your sniffles, lest someone hear you.

The day finally ends, the bell that signals the end of seventh period ringing.

Just as you and b/f/n are about to leave the building to walk home together, someone calls your name.

"Hey, y/n!" C/n calls, racing after you.