𝓢𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓸𝓻 7: 💫

"You're the only one who understands

"You're the only one who understands."

 I can't believe I'm doing this

At first, it felt like I was breaking the law by doing this, every movement I made felt like stepping on needles, it hurt, felt weird, and mostly, revealed six exposures of my wounds. I carried my jacket in my hand as I ran my hand over my arms, I decided to read a big MJ t-shirt that I had gotten from my mom's room and ripped jeans. For some reason, I felt like wearing something other than a jacket, I wanted to try something new.

Maybe this isn't a good idea.

I sighed before holding up my jacket, contemplating putting it on, but as I did, I saw the Barbie bandaid that Nicki gave me. A short smile spread across my face and I decided that the jacket can stay off for now. I will never forget that moment between us, at first when she saw my scars, I felt my heart drop to my stomach, but seeing how gentle she was, and how she truly believed that one small bandaid was going to help make me better, made me feel some type of way, like butterflies almost.

After that day, I walked out of that house with a feeling that was uncontrollable at that point. I couldn't stop smiling, I couldn't stop my heart from beating so fast, and all I wanted was to just be around her again. I started to notice how every time I was by her, I was a different person. Kinda like how I am with my mom, but it's different. Nicki makes me feel like there's hope.

Hope, that's the word.

She reminds me of that light that I used to know when I was little, when my mind was full of wonder and curiosity, rather than dark thoughts and harmful introspections of everything. Before my dad got too stressed and put it on me and my mom. She reminds me of everything good, which explains why I enjoy every moment we have with one another.

"Giselle!" I snapped out of my thoughts, seeing my mom with her head tilted and her face holding a confused look.

"Oh- uh... good morning..." I said while waving. She rolled her eyes and laughed.