affection

TW: Domestic Violence, childhood trauma, mental illness.

Y/N wasn't the affectionate type and Cench noticed. But he didn't understand why. The girls he's dealt with in the past were all clingy.

Y/N wasn't touchy - feely at all, almost as if she hates physical touch. The only time she was, was in bed or when she got anxious.

On the other hand, Cench was a sucker for physical touch. Hugs, kisses, cuddles, holding hands, all of that. He didn't get much of it from Y/N tho.

Tonight, Cench and Y/N were getting ready to go to dinner for their 6 month anniversary. It's the little things that matter to Y/N, and he noticed.

"Darlin, have you seen my watch?" Cee asked from his closet.

"It's in here" she replied back, from the master bedroom. Cee sprayed his cologne and walked over to the bathroom sink where Y/N was.

He stood behind her with his head in the crook of her neck, and his arms wrapped around her waist, taking in her scent.

Y/N tensed up a bit and moved to the side, making Cench unwrap his arms and step back. He looked at her through the mirror with a blank expression.

"What?" she asked in a soft tone, staring back at him. "Nothing. You look good" He replied dryly as he grabbed his watch and headed downstairs.

She sighed and put finishing touches on her hair. She grabbed her purse off the dresser, slid her Hermes sandals on and walked downstairs to where Cench was.

He was scrolling endlessly on his phone. He didn't even look up at her as she came down. "You ready?" he asked looking at his screen. "Mhm" she replied quietly.

Without saying a word, he got up and held the front door open for Y/N, as well as the passenger seat door.

Y/N knew something was up with him but she didn't want to push it. Cench got into the drivers seat and turned up the music quiet a bit louder than usual.

She shrugged it off and looked out the window for most of the ride. Meanwhile Cench was lost in his thoughts.

Does she truly even like me? Do i overstep boundaries? Am I doing something wrong? Is she seeing someone else? Are all thoughts that ran through his head.

He gripped the steering wheel tighter and took a deep sigh. Y/N noticed and turned her full attention to him.

"Bae?" She said. He turned his head to her. "What's wrong? And don't say nothing" she said again.

He pulled over to an empty parking lot and parked the car. He put his hand on hers but she moved it, once again.

"Why do you always do that?" Cench asked. "Do what?" she replied. "Move whenever I touch you." he replied back. Y/N turned her head and stared out the window.

She was lost in her head for a minute. Truth is, she went through a lot as a child (use your imagination) . So now every time someone touches her, she goes into fight or flight mode. She doesn't consciously do it, it's just a reflex.

If she could stop it, she would. She never really told anyone though. The thought of opening up to people scared her. She's been betrayed so much in the past and she was taught as a child to suppress her feelings.

"Y/N" Cench shook her shoulder gently. She snapped back into reality and said "Hm?".

"You 'right Love?" he asked her. "Yea" she bluntly said. "Go on." He said. She stared blankly at him.

"You were saying?" He asked again. "Huh?" She blurted out. He exhaled in frustration. In his mind he felt as if she was dodging his question.

"Never mind. It's alright" He said and turned the car back on. They drove in silence to their reservations down town.

-FAST FORWARD to the restaurant-

Y/N and Cench sat across from eachother in a booth. He stared at her intensely trying to understand her motives, while she scrolled on her phone laughing to herself every now and then.

Cench gently snatched her phone out of her hand and shoved it into his pocket. "Um." She spoke up. "Y/N." He replied in the same tone. "Oakley." She returned.

He grabbed her hand but she seemed hesitant to keep it there. "You alright?" he asked swiftly smiling. "Mhm." she said quietly. It was clear she was uncomfortable. Y/N was not good at hiding her emotions at all, especially with the facial expressions she makes.

"You never really told me about your upbringing.." He started. She looked away at his statement. "..Tell me more" he finished. She awkwardly turned back to face him.

"We'll.. I moved around a lot as a kid up until i was a teenager, because my dad booked a lot of "jobs"" she said in quotations. "And then we finally settled down in France but everything went downhill. My dad got done for drugs, my mum was always too busy for me and my brother so my brother turned to the streets and one day he came up missing. He was gone for months so the cops ruled it (TW) a su*cide, but no one really knows." She spoke avoiding eye contact.

Oakley stared at her in shock, speechless. "Any way fast forward to now, I moved to London alone to get away from the drama, and pursued modelling & music." She finished.

"What about your parents? Where are they now?" Cench asked. Y/N felt herself getting teary eyed and excused herself from the table. She grabbed her purse and exited the restaurant. She sat on a bench overlooking the moonlight beaming onto the ocean ahead of her. Being outside, away from everyone calmed her down.

"1..2..3... 3..2..1" she repeated in an attempt to calm herself down. She learnt that in therapy.

Truth was, she hated talking about her parents because it brought back bad memories. The trauma she endured lingered in the back of her mind no matter what she did. From the beatings, verbal abuse, starvation and scars.. she could not get rid of the bad memories.

She felt overwhelmed with emotion and didn't know how to properly express it, so she cried.

On the other hand, Oakley was confused as to what triggered that response from her. He wondered aimlessly out of the restaurant to find her. When he did so, he pulled her into a tight hug without saying a word. She cried into his shirt.

"I'm sorry for ruining our night" she spoke looking up at Cench. He wiped her tears away and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. "You didn't ruin anything. You don't have to talk about anything you don't feel comfortable speaking on Love". He replied.

"You want to leave?" He asked. She nodded her head while wiping her tears. And just like that, they journeyed back to Cenchs place.

Their night consisted of watching movies and a lot of napping.
end.

Tell me what you think.

I think it's kinda corny towards the end. And i might make it into an imagines book instead of a story.

Thanks for the supports my loves <3