proud of you | tristan pravong

opelpamelamarie

opelpamelamarie

y/n has been studying for 3 days straight for a math test she had later on this week , she was barely getting any sleep or talking to anyone.

more specifically , her boyfriend tristan.

she didn't want her parents to get mad again , not after what happened last time.

4 DAYS BEFORE

"83?! we did not raise you to be like this y/n!" her dad shouted , "83 is still good dad it's not a horrible grade i'll just try again-" she started before getting cut off by her mother "it is not good enough! you are supposed to only get 95 and above".

"you've really been letting yourself go have fun with your friends and go to parties! and now what? you get an 83 on your math test!" he scolds , "dad i went to one friends birthday party?" she defended.

"good because that will be your last until you can get a 100%" her mom said , "seriously? you only like me when i get a higher grade? is that all that defines me?" y/n said as her eyes filled with tears.

"y/n , we love you-" her mom started , "but do you like me?" her daughter said as her voice started to break.

(hehe ladybird reference)

both her parents stood in silence.

she felt a lump in her throat as she shook her head and turned around ,running up the stairs as she heard her dad sigh and curse under his breath.

PRESENT TIME

y/n sighed as she stopped taking notes for a second , letting her hands rest.

she put her head in her hands as she felt a tear roll down her cheek.

she was a mess , her hair was a mess and her eye bags were darker than ever.

she lifted her head up as she heard a knock on her window.

her face rested as she saw it was tristan , she's been ignoring his texts for the past two days even tho she didn't mean to.

she unlocked the window for him , his smile turned into a frown as he looked at her.

"baby , what's wrong? have you been crying? you weren't answering my texts" he said worried as he rested his hand on her cheek.

"um yeah i'm sorry about that , i just didn't have time" she mutters , he looks over at her desk.

his face rested , knowing her parents he knew exactly what was happening.

"hey , come here" he said as she began to cry , he pulled her into his chest.

she wrapped her arms around his waist as she softly sobbed into his neck , "i'm so sorry , you deserve better" she let out in between cries.

he slowly pulled her away from him to look at her , "what? what do you mean y/n".

"i mean, i'm a mess i don't deserve to be loved by a boy like you" she said , "no my love , you deserve the world okay? if anything i don't deserve a special girl like you" he reassured her.

"you are enough ,more than enough." he started ,"you're smart , loving , you're everything i could ever ask for" he looked into her eyes.

"thank you tris but my mom and dad don't think i'm enough, they always want more from me" she frowns.

"fuck what they think , you're amazing and i'm so proud of you" he rested his hand down to her jaw.

she smiled as he pulled her in for a kiss , she passionately kissed back as both her hands went to the back of his neck.

he pulled away , their foreheads touching as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"please dont ever let them do that to you again , you need to rest" he whispered in a concerned tone.

"okay , i won't" she slightly grinned , he smiled back as they went to lay on her bed together.

he pulled the covers over them as her head layed on his chest , he kissed the side of her head as he pulled her closer by her waist.

that was the best sleep she's had in days.