From Bad to Worse

It had been four hours since the guys left, and they returned just in time. Nitori was sleeping in Christian’s lap when he heard the locks at the main door unhinging. Hating for the moment to end, he carefully slid from under Nitori and gently laid her head on the futon. Then he stood and left to greet the guys.

They were loud and boisterous. He could tell Victor was high, but Ted and William were drunk as well as high. “Would you guys shut the fuck up, she just fell asleep”, said Christian pulling the room door shut behind him. Victor smiled sarcastically and batted his eyelashes, “Aww, we wouldn’t want to wake the princess now would we?” The other two cosigned with raucous chuckles. Christian rolled his eyes and sighed, “I’m not in the mood for the bullshit, that girl was a hot ass mess, I don’t what the hell you guys did to her, but she was batshit crazy for two whole hours, and I need a break. So please, I’m asking you please, let her get some rest.” William stepped up to the counter and raised his hand, “I can tell you what we did to her while you were gone: we threw her in the tub and dumped buckets of water on her the first three days because she didn’t want to shower, we force fed her Ensure because she wouldn’t eat, gagged her for a few days so we could get some silence, and we had to cuff her so she wouldn’t beat her own brains out. Great caretaking huh?”

Ever fiber in Christian went tight and he had to fight the urge to attack everyone in the room. He was appalled and disgusted by what he was told. And Nitori’s fear clearly made sense to him. Then he felt so much guilt. Everything they did to her was his fault because he left her. “You bitches make me sick”, Christian growled while shaking his head. Ted approached him, “What the fuck did you just say?!” In a snap, Christian grabbed him by the collar and slammed him into the refrigerator. He screamed, “I’m not sure you want to fuck with me right now!” Victor and William surged forward and grabbed Christian, “Whoa! Chill out, Chris”, William urged. Ted was frozen and shocked. Christian snatched his hands back and shrugged the other two guys hands from his body. He backed to the far side of the room and snatched his mask away. “This cannot go on forever guys, we need to shit or get off the pot. She’s just sitting in there rotting away, and we’ve done nothing towards getting her home or getting any money”, he ran his hands through his hair and blew out a strong wind of air, “This shit isn’t right.”

Victor suddenly didn’t seem so high anymore and he spoke with eloquence, “We’re all under a lot of stress Chris. You especially, this girl takes a lot to deal with, and you put a lot of effort towards her, and we’re grateful for that. But stick in there with us man, please be patient.” Christian looked up at Victor, and he was sincere, and nodded his head. “I’m sorry Ted, I’m just a mess right now”, Christian said holding his hand out for amends. Ted obliged, “I understand dude, it’s all good.” Finally, the air was clear and the tension subsided. From that moment forward, he never wanted to leave Nitori alone again.

A few days later, the guys were cruising around, on the way to go get Victor, Ted and William some blow. Background noise of “Come Whatever May” by Stone Sour sliced through the silence. “There’s been a major change in plans”, announced Victor as all of the guys rode up the street. Christian looked to his left and replied, “What plans are changing?” William leaned up from the backseat and said, “Let’s hear it.” “We’re not following through with the ransom anymore. I’ve been doing some research and there are people that would pay a lot of money for that girl. Serious big money.” Christian scrunched his face up and groaned incredulously. “Are you fucking serious?! How the hell are you not going to return Nitori to her family?! That’s not what the original plan was, we never agreed to human trafficking!” “Stop acting like a bitch Chris! What was the original motivation for taking her? Money! If we can get plenty of it, get more bang for our buck, and never have to do any of this janky shit again, then I’m all for that!” scowled Victor.

Ted spoke uncomfortably, “I don’t know Vic, that’s some severe stuff. What if she pops up dead somewhere?”  Victor grumbled loudly, “I need to buy tampons for all you damn pixies! Why the hell do you care so much! This bitch is not our friend, and none of that extra shit should matter. She was our money chip and I found a way to maximize profit.” Christian angrily shook his head side to side, “No! Fuck no! We are not selling her, return her to the family, and we’ll take some other chick. She doesn’t deserve any of this! She doesn’t even have the capacity to know what’s going on.”

Victor aggressively pulled the car off to the side of the road, and snatched the gear into park. He turned to face everyone in the car. “All of you fucks listen to me, and listen closely, nobody is standing in the way of me getting paid.” He whipped out a gun from the back of his jeans. Christian, William, and Ted all tensed up tremendously. “I swear I will pop anyone who gets in between me and this deal. That stands for you, and anybody else. I WANT MY MONEY”, avowed Victor.

“Put that fucking gun away asshole”, sneered Christian. Victor aimed the barrel at Christian. “You in particular Chris. You’re defending that bitch way too hard and you spend the most time with her. I know she’s a pretty little bitch and all, but don’t go thinking with your dick and get careless. Don’t fuck around and become a liability, because I’m not going to jail for this shit, and if you’re not with me, you’re a problem that I can’t risk.” Victor pulled the hammer back. Christian heart pounded and he swallowed hard. “Get that fucking gun out of my face, or you’re going to have to shoot me!” Christian threatened. Victor smiled mischievously and lowered the firearm. “Just had to make sure we were on the same page”, Victor chimed.  He faced forward, started the car and continued on their original path.