Chapter 12: Just A Dream

(Lightning's POV)
Tears kept falling from my face. I had been injected. I could never go home. Captain Loster sighed and rolled his eyes at me. "You cry like a little baby. Who cares? It's an injection, what are you gonna do? It's not like it's going to kill you."
I began to fill with rage, but I said nothing and kept staring at the floor. I was led to a cell near Captain Loster's office. The cell was small, with a small bed and sink. There was a small bathroom on the side, but no other furnishings.
The security guard threw me inside and closed the door. The door was a giant metal door, with no window or light shining through. I heard Captain Loster's voice from the other side. "This is only temporary. Once I trust you will try to not escape, I will send you to a cell where you can have cell mates. For now, though, you will be kept here."
I had many questions, but I didn't dare ask. I started to pace the room. I didn't know what, but I had become extremely tired. The injection or stress, I couldn't be sure, but I laid on the bed anyways and fell into a deep sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke, what seemed minutes, later to a massive headache. I sat up, but immediately laid back down. My stomach was aching terribly, and my head was spinning. The injection, I thought.
I laid for a few more minutes until I felt I wouldn't vomit. I slowly stood and leaned against the wall. The room was spinning terribly. I slowly walked to the door and banged on it with my fist. I heard footsteps and then a whisper, "What?"
I grabbed my stomach and choked out. "I feel...very sick....could you please....help?" I asked weakly.
The voice whispered back, "Don't worry Lightning, I'm here to save you."
I knew that voice. "Scarlet?" I asked.
There was no answer. I banged on the door again. "Scarlet!" I shouted.
Right then, a sharp pain in my stomach caused me to wince and fall to the floor. I sat in front of the door, my back to it, and cried out in pain. Everything was becoming blurry and the pain in my stomach grew worse. Tears fell down my cheeks as I fought to stay conscious.
Suddenly, the door opened and I fell through the now open doorway. I was lying on the floor, crying, until unconsciousness finally consumed me and everything went black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke in a hospital bed. The room was all white and blurry, and I couldn't make out the faces above me. I blinked my eyes a few times until they adjusted. I finally saw the faces. It was Scarlet, Mater, and Mr. Spark.
Scarlet used the remote hooked to the bed to allow me to sit up. I squinted in the bright light and looked around. I was back in the SIA. How did they know where to find me?
"Hey bud! Good ta see ya with us" Mater said, happily.
"How did you guys find me? What happened? How am I going to get home!?" I started asking.
Mr. Spark motioned for me to calm down. "Woah, calm down Lightning. What are you talking about?"
"The HIA. They took me, and Mater. They injected me! They left me in a cell, and then Scarlet came, and then I blacked out. I can't go home! I'm stuck here forever!" I shouted and tears started to fall from my eyes again.
Scarlet, comfortingly, rubbed my shoulder. "Lightning, the HIA never got you. You and Mater were heading back to your room. Later on, Mater came rushing in here and told us that you had passed out. We brought you in here and found that you were dehydrated. We put you on fluids and you've be knocked out for the past hour. You're going to be fine."
I looked up at Scarlet and then turned to Mr. Spark. He nodded, "Yep. That's what happened."
I sighed a major sigh of relief. I hadn't been injected. I could still get home. Everything was going to be fine. I just knew it.